Upslope Christmas Ale To Be Released November 1st

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Jason, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Jason

Jason Founder (1,365) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Boulder, CO (Oct 2012) - Just in time for the snow to pile up on the high peaks, Upslope Brewing Company releases its highly anticipated Christmas Ale on November 1, 2012. This Spiced Belgian-Style Dubbel is the fourth installment in their Limited Release Series and will be the brewery’s second 16 oz can four pack. “The recipe for this beer is based upon an old homebrew recipe of mine that I use to take to Christmas parties”, says Matt Cutter, Upslope’s Founder. “In 2009, the brewery adopted this as our Christmas Ale. It was always a spiced holiday ale but last year Alex Violette, Upslope’s Head Brewer, decided to Belgianize this beer by fermenting it with Abbey Ale Yeast.”

This beer pours ruby red with a thick off-white headstand that laces the glass with every sip. The aroma of the Upslope blend of holiday spices complements the dark fruit and spicy notes from the Abbey Ale Yeast. These notes then carry through to the flavor of this medium bodied ale. The distinctive holiday aroma, ruby red color and rich malt flavor make this ale perfect for spreading Christmas cheer.

The gift of Upslope Christmas Ale will already be “pre-wrapped” on the shelf in a distinctive red ribbon-striped 16 oz can and available on a limited basis throughout Colorado during the holiday season.

IBU:25 ABV:8.2% Body: Medium-Dark Color: Ruby Red

Why cans? Cans are better for the beer, the environment and are perfect for the on-the-go lifestyle of Colorado and points beyond. The benefits of canning - protection from light and oxidation and retention of brewery direct freshness - have been well received through Upslope’s popular beers.

For more information on Upslope Brewing Company visit http://upslopebrewing.wordpress.com/about/

###

2. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

I'm curious about this. Their pumpkin beer shows that they clearly know how to use spices without overdoing it.
    Hopefully stores will offer both individual cans and 4-packs just in case.

tacosandbeer likes this.
  3. I saw this on shelves yesterday

tacosandbeer likes this.
  4. I defienitly want to try this...hopefully its easier to come by then their pumpkin...

Where at? Up north I'm guessing?

5. Joy

6. I may have to go pay them a visit...

7. mazerock

mazerock Aficionado (100) Colorado Jun 13, 2012

The rep said they made more of this than the pumpkin.. And should be making a few batches of it for the next few months.

8. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poobah (1,030) Colorado May 19, 2005

Put it on the shelf yesterday

9. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

Looks like the stores down south are late getting it out. It wasn't on shelves at Lukas or Davidsons as of noonish. As long as it isn't rare, I guess that's no big deal.

Anyone had it?

10. Cornerstar looks like they have it. I don't really like Cornerstar much myself...but they do get some good stuff every now and then.

11. Lukas just got them in...I happened to walk in right as they were putting them out

12. holden303

holden303 Aficionado (150) Colorado Jun 18, 2010

Split one a few different ways yesterday and I enjoyed it, I believe they use orange peel, coriander, and mace as the spices, although it certainly wasn't over-spiced, pretty well balanced. I also remember hearing something about belgian yeast and I think 500 more cases than the pumpkin so it should definitely be easier to get a hold of.

13. <rant>Replying to myself. Reason; Cornserstar pissing me off. Went there, they had only 1 can of the Christmas Ale (they split up the 4-packs), and told me they only got one case...which is all fine by itself. What really annoyed me is when they proceeded to tell me "everyone only got one case". Ummm, no.

Reminds me back when Maui Coconut Porter first came to CO and the same person at Cornerstar told me "we got more Coconut Porter than anyone in the state". C'mon...I know better, don't lie to me man! They also tried to charge me the FW XIV price for DDBA. Avoid Cornerstar.</rant>

14. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (675) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

Joy had a ton of it, sounds like this varies from store to store, I think Mile High was splitting it up, and hadn't showed up yet at Argonaut

Had one last night, and loved it, aside from the juniper berries on the finish, then again I can't stand gin, so it could tainted my opinion.

15. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poobah (1,030) Colorado May 19, 2005

Haha...even we got 2 cases lol
    But, you never know. Sometimes a rep will lie (or just not know). Perhaps they were told everybody got 1 case so the rep won't get yelled at. Or the rep was lied to by the "man". Not defending, just trying to shed some light on other possibilities.

16. I've considered that, but I have anger anyway. :)

coreymcafee and Mebuzzard like this.
  17. Ciani

Ciani Zealot (85) Missouri Jul 8, 2009

Got a couple 4 packs at argo yesterday (Thursday).... It's excellent...

18. Drinking my first now, am I'm loving it. Will definitely be picking up several more packs

19. chango

chango Aficionado (240) Colorado Mar 31, 2006

Tried it last week and it's, dare I say... fabulous. I mean, just fggn delicious.
    We're keeping it in the back for now... limiting 2 per person... waiting to see how much more we can get before putting it on the shelf.
    But really... damn... if you see it, buy it.
    Sooooo good.