Dismiss Notice
Sneak peek! BeerAdvocate magazine #104 (September 2015) featuring Leah & Oscar from Highland Brewing in Asheville, North Carolina. Learn more ...

US Beer Question on Randling

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by danieelol, Jul 4, 2012.

1. danieelol

danieelol Advocate (585) Australia Jun 15, 2010

Ok so I was watching Andrew Denton's show Randling (previously it has been very crap but this episode wasn't too bad). Believe it's on at 8:30PM on ABC on Wednesdays

One of the games has the host describing various seemingly unrelated phrases and the contestants have to guess what overarching category they are all part of.

Tonight one of the categories had items such as "Arrogant Bastard", "Yellow Snow" and "Moose Drool". Indeed the category was "US Beer".

Kinda strange because when I first heard of this show I thought of Sam Calagione's hopping device, but the show seems unaware of its namesake's existence.

2. mulder1010

mulder1010 Advocate (615) Australia Aug 29, 2008

Thought Denton was in LA still

My GF was watching it and came upstairs to let me know of the question. She knew the answer after 2 of the words were revealed. Kind of scary really.

3. MordeciaFunk

MordeciaFunk Savant (270) Australia Feb 14, 2012

Send them an email informing them. We're beer advocates afterall. Hopefully they might even read it out, show a photo etc. Anything to get good booze ideas out there.

P.S Mr Mulder, your photo scares me.

4. danieelol

lol me too, cause I didn't actually recognise the first beer. The name had something to do with Scissors I think. The second was Arrogant Bastard.

5. mulder1010

mulder1010 Advocate (615) Australia Aug 29, 2008

as I understood it the panel was stumped until coors came up.

6. danieelol

yep

they went through rum, bourbon, whisky before guessing beer too

7. sinkas

sinkas Aficionado (245) Australia Jul 9, 2008

the show stinks

8. dgilks

dgilks Advocate (745) Australia Jul 14, 2008

Good stuff. Haven't seen the show but i can imagine it being average.