1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Utah Parks Trip

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by drew74, Jan 29, 2013.

1. I am putting together a trip through Utah this April. I have looked at some of the beer fly & forum posts. I also read about the laws which are still confusing. I am flying into SLC and then will spend most of my time at the parks in the south: Arches, Capitol Reef, Bryce, Zion. I would like to pick up some beers to have in my room and maybe a place or two where I can have a decent brew and a meal. Any help would be appreciated!

2. mikey451

mikey451 Aficionado (215) Utah Mar 11, 2003

Your best bet is to stock up in SLC. Selection gets worse the further south you go. While your in the Arches area, Moab Brewing will have a good selection of their stuff that you probably won't find up north. As your trip gets closer BM me & I can give you the low down on what's new in the area.

EdH likes this.
  3. skivtjerry

skivtjerry Advocate (540) Vermont Mar 10, 2006

Your best bet is to bring beer from home:( Failing that, stock up at the state 'wine' store in downtown SLC. Replenish at the state store in Moab. If suffering severe withdrawal, you will need side trips to Grand Junction, CO and Las Vegas (I lived in UT for 9+ years). But if you're not in too much of a rush to exit SLC, visit Epic and Uinta to grab some of their stuff. Uinta's Labyrinth imperial stout is incredible.

My advice is to forget beer for this trip. The area you plan to visit is like no other landscape on earth and the weather is great that time of year; just enjoy it (and the local beer when you see it).