1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Utopias in Lexington, KY

Discussion in 'US - South' started by bradfordjohnson, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Anyone seen it yet?
  2. kaips1

kaips1 Savant (285) Kentucky Feb 20, 2011

its not out here yet
  3. AllanC

AllanC Aficionado (115) Kentucky May 27, 2011

The Beer Trappe still has a partial bottle. They will serve you a 1.5 oz. taste for $20.
  4. I don't think they distribute Utopias this far, probably have to travel further north. Beer Trappe had 2 bottles, I assumed someone brought them down? Which technically wouldn't be illegal since Sam Adams is generally distributed in this area anyways?

I might be completely wrong with every single part of this reply.
  5. wsnich

wsnich Savant (410) Texas Apr 26, 2010

Utopias hit Louisville a long time ago. Utopias hits pretty much every state with Sam Adams distributed in it.
  6. AllanC

AllanC Aficionado (115) Kentucky May 27, 2011

As far as I know, Brett got those two bottles via legal channels. And like I said, they still has some Saturday night.
  7. drfabulous

drfabulous Savant (260) Kentucky Jul 23, 2005

I heard that Liquor Barn said they were getting some bottles.
  8. I bought 2 of the 2012 Utopias from Beaumont Liquor Barn on 11/14/2012 so it has come and gone.
    AllanC likes this.
  9. drfabulous

Mystery solved. 2! You have more money to spend than I do....and I spend too much as is.:)
  10. It was an impulse buy, that's for sure.
  11. mcmeador

mcmeador Zealot (85) Mississippi Sep 2, 2012

If you want to go for a drive, you could check the Chuck's liquor stores in Bowling Green. I picked up a 2009 Utopias at the location on Veterans Memorial Lane back in October. One of the other locations that I checked at the time said they were expecting the 2012 but that it wasn't in stock yet. I was on vacation a little southeast of Nashville at the time, and I made the drive from there to get my 2009 bottle.
  12. Any update on availability of Utopias nearby to Lexington? Will be stopping through this weekend. Thanks
  13. mrcraft

mrcraft Advocate (595) California Dec 15, 2012

I just saw another post in my regional forum about Utopias sighting at Costco. They've been showing up at various Costco's around the country. You may want to check with them if you haven't already. Price is low, as you would expect from Costco.
  14. drfabulous

Just saw an LB tweet that says Beaumont has some.
  15. barczar

barczar Savant (395) Kentucky Nov 26, 2009

Who the hell is finding it for 150? Try 200 at liquor barn. Ridiculous markup.
    KYGunner likes this.
  16. KYGunner

KYGunner Savant (455) Kentucky Sep 16, 2012

Congratulations on your first post! Ha!
  17. Only Emily would have 2000 karma points and 1 post.