1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Vail Reccomendations

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Commanche, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Going to be staying in Vail for three nights, 2/23-2/26. From the interwebs and BA postings, it's not sounding to good for me, beerwise. Will I find Avery or Ska or on a slim chance Crooked Stave around?
  2. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Savant (350) Colorado May 30, 2006

Avery and Ska are likely. Crooked Stave is unlikely based on my experience.
  3. jja

jja Zealot (75) Colorado Jan 1, 2008

4. May want to visit the Ale House next to the Safeway - they had a good selection there when I was up there a couple weeks ago for the Big Beers Fest. No Crooked Stave however.
  5. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Savant (465) Colorado Jul 26, 2011

I will concur with the rest, the liquor store by Safeway (West Vail Liquor or something) should have Avery and Ska, pretty solid selection.
  6. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Savant (350) Colorado May 30, 2006

Yeah, I was impressed by that store (it is called West Vail Liquor). They were super cool and helped out with a beerfest ticket at the last minute. Selection was much better than I expected for the area.
  7. rob2654

rob2654 Aficionado (205) Colorado May 20, 2004

If in Vail Village, check out Vail Fine Wine and Spirits (or something like that) across the street from Sweet Basil. I bought a Five Golden Rings and an Abyss over New Year's. A relatively small selection but the possibility of hidden gems.