[Vancouver] NW Liquid Gold serving pints May 1...no more web sales

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by djbreezy, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djbreezy

djbreezy Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2008 Washington

From my Facebook feed:

"We are excited to announce that we have our temporary permit to serve pints in our store. We are planning to start real quickly. Our target date to serve in our TAVERN is May 1st. We will have an outstanding list of craft beers on that date. To include, Firestone Walker Brewing Co. Wookey Jack, Oskar Blues Deviant Dale's, & Georgetown's Lucille all on draft for pints a growler fills."

Also, regarding online bottle sales:

"We are sad to say that we can no longer due internet sales. The State of Washington told us that if we're opening a tavern we would not be able to continue the internet business."

If you haven't been here, it is a great place to get growler fills and they are much cheaper than many other places. A modest but nice bottle selection as well.

2. PDXHops

PDXHops Maven (1,435) Nov 19, 2008 South Carolina

Dammit. I've been meaning to place an order with them. Sounds like an exciting development for folks in the Couve, tho.

3. djbreezy

djbreezy Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2008 Washington

I just hope it works out in their favor financially. I know that the web business was in place for like a year before they started offering growler fills.

4. m4ttj0nes

m4ttj0nes Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2012 Oregon
    Trader

It should work out in their favor. The owner has been wanting to make their shop more of a pub than a quick in/out growler fill market. If all goes according to plans, they will be knocking out the wall and taking over the shop next to them, and paving the outdoor area for a beer garden. They have some pretty big plans, I hope they can pull it off.. great guys running it.

5. boMD

boMD Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2009 Oregon

Yeah, the State of Washington shouldn't allow a private business to profit in too many outlets. Please only pick one. :grimacing:

What archaic and useless laws.

Mages64, libbey and djbreezy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.