1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

VBDL

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by MCMASTERSANCHEZ, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Would a VBDL land Darkness '09 x2 or any other earlier years? Never seen any older Darkness go in trades before
  2. Abawol01

Abawol01 Aficionado (170) Michigan Dec 17, 2013

At this point I think a BVDL could land anything.
    jshusc likes this.
  3. Hindsight

Hindsight Aficionado (245) Ohio Oct 8, 2011

That's a fairly bold and inaccurate statement.
  4. Seems like a fair trade. Obviously someone having those two might be difficuilt to come across.

'07 was the first year I think they made it and I have seen that on waelz lists on this site.

I had a pour of '08 at the Hampton Inn on Friday night and it was incredible. Still havent had BVDL but I won a bottle this year so that will change soon.
  5. Abawol01

Abawol01 Aficionado (170) Michigan Dec 17, 2013

I've been told that I am both bold and inaccurate!

But in all reality it seems like BVDL is fetching just about anything you could ask for. Obviously not Dave or Mozart but you get the idea.
    Hindsight likes this.
  6. Have you been looking at the trade forum recently? Yeah it's not going to land a one off cantillon, but good god it's going for a lot. Half my cellar is about to be shipped off in a box! :eek:
  7. Yes
    I'll send you 2x '08 and 2x 09+
    Zaphog and fire34fighter like this.
  8. from what I know 07 Darkness is a completely different animal than 08 or later. 07 Darkness is a legit white whale that people aren't trading for anything that's not extinct at this point
    vacax likes this.
  9. Did you get this done?