1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Vera Mae Availability?

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by HighLowJack, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyone know how long this will be up at HF for? or can anyone guess?

2. Sean802

Sean802 Savant (260) Vermont Jul 14, 2013

Shoot them an email, they typically respond same day (or multiple times when asking about tips for homebrewing!)

Trevdawg and CypherEnigma like this.
  3. Anyone local (or someone thatll be in the area on Sept. 21st) going to HF anytime soon? I am coming for Lawsons at the farmers market on the 21st, and hoping I can find someone to hold me a bottle of Vera Mae or other limited release bottles coming soon. Hit me up with a private message if you can help. Thanks!

Sorry if this isnt the forum to post this. Just let me know if it isnt. I'm pretty new to BA.

4. Ataraxia

Ataraxia Savant (260) Massachusetts Sep 20, 2012

They said on twitter it will likely be gone by end of Friday or early Saturday this week.

5. bahnfire

bahnfire Savant (465) Vermont Jan 17, 2011

Really? Even with a 2 bottle limit, thats crazy. I figured it would be there at least 3-4 weeks.

6. Amazing, I too thought it might last a few more weeks. I'm lucky to have gotten my two bottles, the fresh one was great and I love putting some age on VM, so I'll sit on the other for a while. Sounds like a lot of people have been up there to get VM, good to see.

No worries though, Convivial Suarez returns very soon...and then there's the Floras...

pisano likes this.
  7. jomobono

jomobono Savant (400) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2012

Don't forget Vera Mae was sold at FoFA, 1 bottle per.

8. To put into perspective just how far HF has come - Two years ago right about this time of year I went to HF on a day where they released 3 saisons at once (Vera Mae, Clara, and Anna I think). Completely unlimited allocations. I strolled in about 12:30 and there was not another customer there.

Blows my mind that Vera Mae would sell out so quickly with a 2 bottle allocation.

9. In February, there were 4 bottles on the shelves and zero bottle limits (Arthur, Florence, Fear & Trembling, Convivial Suarez). That was 6 months ago.... Man.

10. I haven't even been since the end of 2012. Quite frankly I'm scared based on the volume of HF threads these days...

11. I was there on July 4th, got there an hour before opening, and there were at least 15 people in line ahead of me. Granted, it was a holiday, and there was still CD6 left (though it was not advertised on the site), but it was a Thursday..

12. I havent been since April and even then I waited around 1.5 hours on a random Thursday afternoon with no bottle releases, not looking forward to seeing what its like now. Although with the tasters and cool people around the time goes by fairly quickly. I do wish they would do like Treehouse though so you could roam around a bit. Has anyone heard about when the Floras are going to released? I'm assuming they will both bre at the same time.

13. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Savant (395) New York Jan 13, 2010

Shaun has hinted at either September 5th or the 12th. I'm really hoping it's the 5th, as we're planning on making the pilgrimage up once more time on the 6th.

parkingphi, Massbmx and matt_6 like this.
  14. Got there at about 3:30 today, no wait at all. In and out in the time that it took for 6 growler fills between the two of us. Tastings were being done with jockey boxes out on the stage, which seemed to work pretty well. Phil did say that it was one of the mellower days they've had in a while.

franklinn, Osyrus and OtisCampbell like this.
  15. Don't forgett the 2 bottle limit of Norma on the release with all of those beers. Better times...

16. I was thinking similar for when I do make my next trip. I usually do HF at noon, followed by Parker Pie for lunch, and then get to Waterbury around 3. May try PP first next time...

17. Yeah, we had an appointment in Montpelier in the morning and then another short one at 2:30. So we did appointment > Alchemist at 11 > back to Montpelier for lunch at Three Penny, hitting the co-op, hanging out at the park > 2nd appointment > up to HF. Not the most efficient route, but that's how it shook out. Worked out really well arriving at HF later. Probably was more like 3:45-3:55.

18. Resuin

Resuin Champion (795) Massachusetts Jun 18, 2012

I went today at 12:45, was out of there in an hour flat. I went to Parker Pie for lunch, it was great! It does seem like the crowd at HF dies a little after the first couple hours. It can be pretty random though.

19. DonFrap

DonFrap Savant (480) Massachusetts Feb 27, 2011

I got there today around 4:30. I've been to HF at least 20 times, first time that I had less than a 15 minute wait for growlers. Even got a second pass through the line at 4:45 after the 1 person behind me got their growlers lol

bahnfire and OtisCampbell like this.
  20. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (695) New York Dec 2, 2009

i was there on saturday. they had a bunch, but it was a big seller.

(incidentally, it's fucking delicious)

21. Name one beer from Hill Farmstead that is not a big seller, lol.

jomobono and Pahn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.