1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Verticals

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by bluewolf17, May 1, 2014.

1. Hey guys, I'm trying to put together a 5 year Abyss vert and all I'm missing is the 2010. I'm not sure of its current value therefore I have no idea what to offer up for it. Is it considered a "whale" at this point? Do I need to pull out the big guns? Anyone have any advice?! Thanks!

2. We recently did an 09-13 vertical and the majority agreed 2010 was the best. With that said, I imagine there are still a lot of bottles out there and it shouldn't take whale-like beers to land it. Limited release $4$ should do the trick.

3. Cool, thanks!

4. well I think the issue is you'll need to find people with extra 2010's they don't need for a vert or aren't particularly keen on holding on to for some reason. most of these people have had these bottles for 2-4 years and probably also have Abyss 2013 which trades $4$ with other limited release stuff...so they would probably need more incentive to let their aged bottle go. I would roughly guess and say $25-$30 of similarly current beer but not sure really

5. I'd be careful with a five year vertical isn't the 09 infected? We just did a four year vertical Tuesday night and consensus was the 12 or 11 was the best.

6. RC0032

RC0032 Aficionado (205) Illinois Mar 10, 2009

Why stop at '10? Hunt down an '08...

maximum12 and bluewolf17 like this.
  7. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (855) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

I'm just being annoying, but that doesn't sound like a consensus to me!

bluewolf17 likes this.