1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Victoria beers!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Mbraun, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Hey Folks, i'm going to be in Victoria in a couple of weeks and know of all the breweries i want to check out but realized i have no clue about Beer stores! are there any stores of note or am i better off just purchasing stuff from the breweries?
  2. Breweries are a good bet for a lot of their beers (Phillips, Driftwood and Hoyne all do retail I believe), but they often only have their most recent releases. I would recommend the Strath on Douglas if you're downtown or Hillside Liquors (on Shelborne). Hillside has great prices and they occasionally pull out vintages of local beers (I hear they have 2008 and 2010 Old Cellar Dweller at the moment).
  3. Vancouver Island Brewery makes excellent stuff too (at least they did when I lived there).
  4. Best bet for buying 'craft beer' in Victoria , visit the breweries and pick up a growler ,
    or try and visit one or all of these stores , Hillside Liquor Store , Liquor Plus - Douglas ,
    (both $ , ok selection of local and imports)
    Cascadia Liquor - Quadra , Spinnakers Spirits Merchants - Vic West , The Strath on Douglas
    (all three $$ but good selection of local and imports)