1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Victory K Bomb Double IPA

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by dcolatriano, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Just saw this on their website .
    Available now on draft at the brewpub.
    Sounds interesting.

Anyone try this yet?
  2. phooky

phooky Savant (410) New York Jan 23, 2010

I haven't, but Victory has some damn fine Double IPAs that never get bottled!

As much as I love Hop Wallop, I would much prefer to see Ranch S bottled instead! (or alongside)

Cheeers!
    BaltimoreBeerGuy likes this.
  3. Starkbier

Starkbier Savant (260) Maryland Sep 19, 2002

In due time.....
    dagimp, skinsfan and phooky like this.
  4. skinsfan

skinsfan Advocate (600) Maryland May 24, 2005

de
    details?
  5. HeyJim

HeyJim Savant (385) Pennsylvania Sep 22, 2012

Mad Mex in Robinson (Pittsburgh area) lists this as one of the beers in their line up for IPA week (Starting Feb 18).

I'll definitely order one and report back.
  6. Really good double IPA. Around 8.5% abv. Uses kolsch yeast so it does not contain as many fruity esters as you would usually get from using a regular ale yeast and finishes clean with a pronounced hop taste throughout the palate due to the yeast used.
  7. HeyJim

HeyJim Savant (385) Pennsylvania Sep 22, 2012

Went to Mad Mex but they weren't tapping this yet. :( Gotta try to convince the wife to go back out again later in the week when they have it ready. Really was looking forward to it.
  8. Just thought I'd mention that this is gone from Victory now. Stopped by Sunday morning for a pint and it was already kicked.
  9. Wow that was fast.
  10. rotsaruch

rotsaruch Savant (365) Pennsylvania Jun 18, 2002

The brewery restocks draft beers on Tuesdays and Fridays. I suspect that the popularity of this new brew overwhelmed the initial weekend supply. It should be on draft today.
  11. Good to know. Thanks for the clarification.
  12. Yup...back on per their website.
  13. Had one yesterday. Worth trying out!
  14. I was at Victory on Tueday. They had it on tap. Very good. Light in color, crispy clean taste. I have a growler that I filled tuesday that will be drank tonigiht!
  15. Ranch is Boss!!! They should definetly start bottling it.
  16. RC51Mike

RC51Mike Aficionado (230) Delaware Dec 17, 2004

Was at Victory yesterday and out of K Bomb or Ranch, both of which I had a hankering for. Storm King on hand pump was outstanding though. Bierre de Garden was very good too.
  17. gibby

gibby Aficionado (220) Pennsylvania Jul 25, 2008

This k-bomb has peaked my interest.
    cjoc83 likes this.
  18. Having one now at station taproom in Downingtown. 10 oz pour. Crisp, clean. Hazy with little head. Packs a hop punch.
  19. Hopkarma

Hopkarma Initiate (15) Apr 7, 2013

Just got a growler from Joe Canal's - very hoppy!