1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Violet Hour BCBS & BCBS 2003, What's it going to take?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by DBijnagte, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Wondering if these are still around enough to get a bottle of either. Being a completionist I would like to have these for my Bourbon County tasting coming up. In our group we have pretty large cellars but not sure if we are willing to do what it takes to pull these guys.

Cheers!

2. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (855) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

I have no idea what I'm talking about, but wasn't Violet Hour BCBS draft-only?

3. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (410) Illinois May 6, 2012

Isn't this the draft only Manhattan BCS?

4. mdomask

mdomask Savant (310) Illinois May 27, 2012

Chris Quinn poured a small bottle of this at the Beer Temple grand opening. No idea where he came by it.

5. powz87

powz87 Initiate (0) Illinois Jan 18, 2012

You're better than the D! Ive only seen it on tap 3 times. Stout fest, GTMW, and i think it was at the block party

sandman3479 and DBijnagte like this.
  6. I know it was bottled (on a very small scale) but have no idea the count of the Violet, I'm assuming 03 is pretty much the same. I know baudoinia was "bottled" as well but that is a different story. There was a guy in my neighborhood who had a bottle of VH but he drank it about a month ago. I'm guessing its a ghost now. Anyone who still has either of these probably has no plans of getting rid of them.