1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Visiting Brussels Fri to Mon, anyone like to meet up?

Discussion in 'Benelux' started by kristephe, Dec 12, 2012.

1. kristephe

kristephe Member

First time posting on BA but my husband and I are from Oregon and Washington but live in Houston. We're currently in Nice, France for his conference then will arrive in Brussels Friday evening. Working on booking the hotel but would enjoy meeting other beer lovers to see sights and taste beers. Thanks!
  2. Brabander

Brabander Member

If i can give you guys one tip it would be this: come the the Chritmasbeerfetival in Essen, Belgium on the sunday. You will find a LOT of BA's there from all over the world. This is the site:http://www.kerstbierfestival.be/ENG/index.htm

Easy to go by train!

Thijs
  3. kristephe

kristephe Member

Thanks! That sounds like fun...I'll run it by my husband. We've only got a couple days in Brussels so I'm not sure about losing one of them but it sounds like a good opportunity.
  4. Dennoman

Dennoman Member

Brussels is a shit tourist trap anyways ;) make it to Essen and we'll make it worth your while! :D
  5. kristephe

kristephe Member

Haha...Definitely keeping our options open to go...any thoughts on getting there by train? Seemed simple and maybe an hr and a half but festival website had some warnings about Brussels routes so I need to figure that out. :) Not sure I'd have he chance to go to s Belgian beer fest any at soon besides that
  6. Brabander

Brabander Member

Really...you should try to come. This is a very nice and warm festival with only good beer folks! I think i will waer my BeerAdvocate shirt for this occaision!