Visiting Nashville from Austin...

Discussion in 'South' started by johnsaulrubio, Mar 1, 2012.

1. johnsaulrubio

johnsaulrubio Savant (305) Texas Dec 2, 2006 Verified

Hey folks,

I'll be in Nashville on Monday, March 5th. Are there were any good bottle shops near the airport? Are there any bottle shops/bars I should check out in particular?

Thanks!
    John

2. sommersb

sommersb Advocate (580) Tennessee May 25, 2010

3. When you say near the airport, are we talking you only have a layover here or you are staying in that area and that would be most convenient? Its a $25 flat rate taxi from airport to downtown (which is where Frugals and Midtown are), but thats $50 for both ways so I dunno how you feel about that. To my knowledge there is nothing super close to the airport that is BA approved...

4. cornholio

cornholio Zealot (80) Tennessee Nov 11, 2008

No good bottle shops near the airport. Jbarleycorn would have been the closest, but they are in transition to their new location and the low gravity side is now shut down I believe. 12 South is a great place, but somewhat off the beaten path. Midtown and Frugal are in the same area as Blackstone, Broadway Brewhouse (not the one on broadway) and Flying Saucer - which are great places to have a beer. You could probably cover more ground going that route.

The only downside with Midtown is that they have been running out of the new release stuff so quickly. Bigfoot, Wake n Bake, etc. were gone like that. They used to be my only stop, but now I have to hit Frugals as well.

5. johnsaulrubio

johnsaulrubio Savant (305) Texas Dec 2, 2006 Verified

Awesome. Thanks for the tips!

Any other place I should check out while I'm in town? Best bars? Restaurants? Local food dives?

6. Steamhead

Steamhead Aficionado (120) Kentucky Apr 15, 2008

City House. One of the best restaurants in the country.