1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Visiting Paris - Beer Suggestions.

Discussion in 'Europe' started by kjyost, Mar 21, 2013.

1. I know nothing of Paris' geography, though I know that we will be visiting the Eiffel Tower & Louvre. We are staying at the Hotel Campanille Ouest which is apparently in Chaville.

I was hoping to find out if there were any good places for beer around the hotel at night (especially any places that sell lambic en fût!) and bottle shops that may be nearby (again ideally places that sell lambic near either the tourist sites or the hotel.

I have seen the google map of places, but honestly looking at that map is meaningless to me as I have no sense of where anything is (except our hotel which is miles west of the indicated locations!)

Thanks in advance and sorry to spam your forum!
  2. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

Seriously... Only 4 posts down is another thread on this same subject.
  3. Thanks for your help douchebag. That thread has literally nothing that helps save perhaps the last post of "help". I noted specific locations I will be visiting and staying at, hoping that someone local will know something about the location.

Now go back to your hole.
  4. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

Wow, you seem nice. Paris has a subway system, so the whole city is pretty accessible. your hotel is pretty far southwest. I'm not familiar with that area, it is pretty far out. maybe someone does. I can't imagine there is much around you though. bootleggars seems to be the closest thing to you from what I can tell.
    pixieskid likes this.
  5. Thank-you for your helpful reply. I figured I was in the nether-regions of Paris, but I really have no clue, and I was a little put off by your response as I felt my question was more specific and wasn't being answered by that thread... I did for the record actual google everything and search the forums first, so sorry if I got overly po'ed at your first response.
  6. pixieskid

pixieskid Advocate (660) Germany Jun 4, 2009

Only one place in Paris that has lambic on tap, some-what consistantly (unless you count Lindemans, which I don't).

The bar with lambic on tap (Cantillon, Tilquin, Boon) is called La Fine Mousse and it is in the 11th (fairly central, slightly east of the city center).
    In the BM I sent you, I confirmed you are in fact in the boonies and will have little to no luck enjoying beer while down there.

You should be able to hop on the RER (regional train) and get into Paris though. From there, you get on the Metro (subway) and you can get anywhere you want in Paris. You just have to be up for a bit of an adventure, otherwise this "trek" may not be your thing.

Shoot me a BM if you have any other questions. BTW, Crusian is my buddy, and a good dude. By no means a troll; I think his response was more warranted than yours. Glad you sorta apologized...
    crusian likes this.
  7. wowsers, the 11th district is looking stunning. this is good to know. lambic and vegan food galore