Visiting PDX - Bottle Share Interest on 6/14?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by HighWine, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HighWine

HighWine Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2010 Illinois

I'll be visiting Portland from Chicago and am gauging interest in a bottle share on Saturday, 6/14/14. I'm a west coast transplant so I plan to bring beers not available in Portland. I'll check out the Wants from any attendees, but am thinking about beers like:

Central Waters (Sixteen, Kosmyck Charlie's Barleywine)
    Three Floyd's (BA Dark Lord de Muerte '13)
    Olde Hickory Lindley Park
    Kuhnhenn meads
    Cigar City limited stuff
    O'so Brewing Dweller on the Threshold
    Revolution special releases (3rd Year Beer, Deth's Tar, Straight Jacket)
    Surly Darkness '12 & '13

I'm staying near the convention center. I could host at my hotel but there's probably a better option. Is there a venue that would allow a bottle share or a regular group meeting that day with room for one more?

Please let me know if anyone has interest, thoughts, or recommendations.

2. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2005 Oregon

It's too far out to know at this point, but if I'm not scheduled to work I'll join you. As for the venue, there are a few places in town like BeerMongers and Tin Bucket that are usually open to hosting bottle shares, but given that 6/14 is the final Saturday of Portland beer week they may have other events planned.

HighWine likes this.
  3. kscaldef

kscaldef Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2010 Oregon

I'm tentatively in as well.

4. eatabagofbooger

eatabagofbooger Initiate (0) Mar 27, 2009 Oregon

I don't think you'll have much trouble rounding up a good number of people. Regardless of time, day, lack of advanced notice, potential conflicts, etc, every bottle share in Portland that is announced on this site is well attended. I'm in, as long as it's not too late and as long as I don't wind up with plans to leave town that weekend.

As maltmaster said, the venue might be an issue. I like Saturdays for bottle shares, but we usually do Sundays so we don't take up space on a busy day.

As a final note, that's a damned impressive list! If you are looking for any pnw goodies, feel free to bm me about trading anything you're not bringing to the share :slight_smile:

5. crusian

crusian Pooh-Bah (1,989) May 14, 2010 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah

Agree on venue. i hate sunday shares, and wish they all were saturday. your hotel may be best option, but i would run it by management...

6. air

air Initiate (0) Mar 28, 2007 Texas

Sounds good here too. Will be in Portland for business and I am from Texas. I have a ton of stuff inbound plus there's a ton of beer coming out between now and then, hard to say what I could bring at this point.

7. HighWine

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that is Beer Week -- which is awesome! I actually have a free afternoon on Thursday and was planning to go to HOTD and maybe Cascade Barrel House. I tried opening the Beer Week calendar but I think the webpage is down. What's everyone planning to do Thursday and/or Saturday?

As for the bottle share, I could swing it at the hotel but might have to cap the # of attendees. Still lots of time to finalize details so let's not rule anything out yet.

8. OregonHopmonster

OregonHopmonster Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2011 Oregon

I'm likely in as well. There really isn't any info out there on beer week yet, so we will have to wait and see. As for location, Beermongers is generally a "no" on Saturday. Commons is usually OK that day. Obviously any place we decide on will have to be run by that place's management.

HighWine likes this.
  9. air

As far as what I'll bring, it'll likely be these (and there'll be more):
    Freetail Woodicus and Bandito
    Karbach FUN Series of some kind (probably one of the bourbon barrel hellfighters)
    Cigar City Lacto Guava Grove
    St. Arnold Boiler Room Berlinerweisse
    Prairie (Bible Belt, Bomb, Noir + variants)
    Maybe something from Jester King

mrgabe and HighWine like this.
  10. crusian

Pooh-Bah

Im in. ill bring some good shit also. maybe a wanderer, or something sante adarius. i would prefer it to be at a kid friendly place if possible. so i vote no commons, if i get a vote. my better half is tired of not being able to participate.

HighWine and air like this.
  11. kscaldef

kscaldef Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2010 Oregon

Other than private residences, what are the kid-friendly & bottle-share-friendly places in town?

12. HighWine

If anyone is willing to host at a residence that would be cool. I know I'm a stranger to all of you, but I'm not a psycho. Even if I were, though, I'll be bringing good beer with me.

13. Phobicsquirrel

Phobicsquirrel Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2013 Oregon

I'm interested.

HighWine likes this.
  14. crusian

Pooh-Bah

Beats me im newish to town.

I can probably host if need be... But lets cross that bridge once everything is exhausted.

HighWine and air like this.
  15. mrgabe

mrgabe Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2013 Oregon

Maybe Green Dragon... the back area by the restrooms.

16. DimensionX

DimensionX Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2010 Oregon

Uhh, just exactly how old is your better half?:confused:

Gobigvt7 and sharpski like this.
  17. Shmeal

Shmeal Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2009 Oregon

tentative yes for me too

18. air

The issue is having to care for a newborn - meaning he/the wife can't both go to a share unless it's kid friendly.

crusian likes this.
  19. HighWine

Any new ideas on a good venue?

20. crusian

Pooh-Bah

Has Belmont station been bottle share friendly?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.