1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Visiting Scandanavia, any tips?

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by Momar42, May 24, 2012.

1. Momar42

Momar42 Savant (360) Maryland Sep 19, 2010

In the first week of June I will be in Copenhagen, Oslo, and Stockholm for the first time. Was wondering if anyone had some "don't miss" suggestions for a fellow BA from the USA. I will take in the cultural, etc sites but am mostly looking for a beer centric list if possible. I don't have many whales but might be up for an in person trade for some local stuff. Just got back from FFF and have some ZD, Rich Life and a few others. I have an Excel list of my current haves I could send to anyone interested.

Thanks in advance and I cant wait to finally get to this area of the world.
  2. For Copeenhagen you can't miss Ølbutikken ( http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/11122 ). It's a small bottle shop with an incredible selection I bottles. The prices, to me, seemed good and if you want you can pay the "drink in" price and have beers there. When I was there, one cooler was half Cantillon/3F.
  3. meerkat2

meerkat2 Aficionado (245) Florida Aug 27, 2007

FYI, that's about the time Blåbær came out last year.. maybe you should call Jeppe (or BM on the other site) at the Ølbutikken and see if that's the case again this year. good luck! If you can get a car in oslo see if you can get a tour of Nøgne Ø in Grimstad
  4. Momar42

If I luck out on the Blåbær I will move heaven and earth to track down as much as I can buy/carry. /crosses fingers
  5. If you miss it by being just a couple of days late, you can just mail Ølbutikken and they'll set aside your allocation for you.

Other stuff you can't miss in CPH:

Kihoskh - A small kiosk that mainly sells cigarettes and magazines, but with a very large, and very good beer selection. Best prices too. If the owner is in and it's a slow day, you can ask about seeing the cellar. Many rarities down there that you can get for very good prices.

Mikkeller Bar - One of the best bars in the world.

Fermentoren - Bar and soon-to-be brewpub of the danish brewery Croocked Moon. Great selection of beer and both cosier and most of the time less crowded than Mikkeller Bar a couple of blocks away.

Stockholm:

Akkurat, Akkurat and Akkurat. Just spend all your time digging through their massive cuvée list and be amazed of all the vintage and one off Cantillon, Drie Fonteinen, Hanssen, Girardin etc you will find there. Also, their tap selection is great and always with at least 4 or 5 real ales, one Cantillon at all times and obscure swedish micros.
  6. Keene

Keene Managing Editor (245) Massachusetts Sep 11, 2009 Staff Member

7. Momar42

Hopefully it's ok to ask here but does anyone have a way to contact Jeppe? I think I'm gonna be in town for one day very near this release. Would love to see if he could set aside a few (cases lol).
  8. Momar42

Thanks for all the help so far guys. I am working up a must see list to maximize my limited time on the ground at each place.