1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Visiting Vancouver July 24 - 27th IP Trades and advice needed

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Mista, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Mista

Mista Aficionado (205) Minnesota Nov 10, 2011

I'll be visiting Vancouver July 24th - 27th before hopping on a cruise to Alaska. I still don't know where i'll be staying just yet as i plan on price lining the hotel a day or two before the 24th. From what i've gathered public transportation is great so i will not be renting a car.

1) Looking for some advice on places to eat? What's the best Sushi joint in town, what are some hole in the wall restaurants that only locals know about?

2) ISO: Fou Foune and Armand and Tommy trades

3) After ISO is taken care of with the remaining space i'm willing to mule beer to you fine folks across the border

Cheers

2. Hello hello!

1) Best sushi restaurant really depends on how much you're willing to spend. The absolute best would probably be Tojo's, with Miku in second place IMO - but both are quite spendy. A more realistic and amazing hole in the wall sushi joint with excellent food at very competitive prices would be Toshi's, but it's tiny and there is always a line (and a very strict policy on if your whole party isn't there when they call your name, you lose your spot etc). Get there early and make sure you try the Box Sushi. It's also a block from Brewery Creek, one of the city's best bottle shops.

As far as other favourite restaurants - there's quite a lot, depending on what you're into. This reddit thread http://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/comments/nwslt/hey_vancouver_youre_a_foodie_city_right_lets/ might give you some ideas - if theres any particular cuisine you're more interested in than others, let us know though!

2) Wish I had either of them! Would love to trade for some other stuff though, have sent you a BM.

3) You are awesome.

3. Did BC get any Fou Foune and Armand and Tommy? I know I've mailed some that way from Alberta.

4. Not in the most recent shipment, no.

5. Mista

Mista Aficionado (205) Minnesota Nov 10, 2011

Also looking for somewhere affordable to stay at. Any recommendations?

6. We got a total of 16 cases of FF earlier in the year, first time it's ever been here. Sold out in hours at the two stores that got it with 1 bottle limits.

And yeah, the only A&T that made it out here was sent by awesome AB BA's.