1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Visiting Vegas

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by VaTechPhilly, Dec 6, 2012.

1. VaTechPhilly

VaTechPhilly Savant (335) New York Oct 28, 2010

I will be visiting Vegas next weekend and was looking for advice on bottles that are available out there that I would not be able to get in Philadelphia.

Also what bottle shop should I go to?

2. As a Philly resident who gets there for business fairly regularly, I would recommend:

Whole Foods at the south end of the Strip.

Khourys in Henderson is generally the fave of the locals.

Freakin' Frog has a large selection of very expensive bottles. Advantage for an out of towner is that they are likely to still have some stuff that has disappeared from the other places. Ask to look in the bottle room, expect to pay for rarities.

Aces and Ales is my favorite beer bar out there (if you have a car. It's several miles off the Strip). Small bottle list, and pricey too but I *think* you can get them to go. Also they are open 24/7.

Total Wine can be worth a look, and the Lee's chain seems to be hit or miss to me but they are everywhere.

Look for New Belgium and Deschutes in particular. Most other out of state stuff comes here too. The locals can tell you which local breweries are currently bottling good stuff.

NoSignsOfPain and Destral like this.
  3. Destral

Destral Savant (375) Nevada Oct 20, 2009

sholland119 pretty much summed it up.

Not sure if you get Ballast Point or Green Flash out that way either. Noble Aleworks has some solid stuff we get in town now. As for locals, Tenaya Creek and Big Dog's both are bottling now to go along with Joseph James. There should still be some bottles of the Bourbon Barrel IRS from Joseph James around town.

sholland119 likes this.
  4. We are fortunate to get both Ballast Point and Green Flash. I did not know Big Dog's was bottling. Their IPA is outstanding.