1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Visitng Bluepoint Worth It?

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by MrDanno96, Mar 13, 2013.

1. MrDanno96

MrDanno96 Savant (370) Ohio Aug 26, 2009

Going to be on Long Island for a few days and was wondering if a visit to Bluepoint's tasting room was worth my time? Anyone have any experiences they could share? Thanks!
  2. 1Sundown2C

1Sundown2C Savant (380) New York Jan 13, 2012

Of all the breweries on LI (there are probably 10 you can visit) Bluepoint is the most worth checking out. None of the beers will blow your mind, although their Cherry Imperial Stout is pretty tasty, but they top the rest of the breweries/brewpubs around here in that they're the cheapest, have the best vibe, and they're easily accessible via the LIRR. They also have a huge variety (they only bottle less than half the beer they make) so if you go with a party they're likely to have something for everyone. Take care of the bartender when you get there and they'll be filling up your sample cup with the next beer before you can finish it. Cheers!
  3. my only ever with Bluepoint is it can get crowded as hell, generally its always a good (have only been there once when douche and bag were in attendance and an old timer told them to fuck off and find a sports bar to chant "JETS!!!"). Good solid quality beers, No Apologies is a great IPA and the their RIS this year from the Cherry batch was excellent! Where are you staying? You have some good bar choices as well....
  4. MrDanno96

MrDanno96 Savant (370) Ohio Aug 26, 2009

Staying in north babylon but willing to do some driving. Does blue point tasting room have any food options? Certainly also willing to hear other bar options.
  5. no food.
    Jump on the train and head over to The Good Life in Massapequa. Horace and Sylvias in Babylon town has a decent selection, go on a Sunday afternoon and hope you get Alyssa, shes great, beer drinker and boyfriend brews. A day in Port Jefferson may be nice and you can hit Port Jeff brewing. Tap and barrel in Smithtown as well if your willing to drive. And when your good and drunk walk into town and get Lions Head from Good Taste Chinese take out. Enjoy and feel free to shot me a message when your in town!!!
    ant880 likes this.
  6. ant880

ant880 Advocate (630) New York Nov 7, 2010

I will second the Good Life suggestion. Tap selection is very good to excellent (with a nice bottle selection to boot) and always includes a handful of locals. Vibe is good and, while the food isnt out of this world, its definitely solid and the menu is interesting. Good place for Sunday brunch also.
  7. jaIsPoAn

jaIsPoAn Savant (365) New York Aug 1, 2012

Yes the good life also Bobbique in patchogue is great
  8. Dont forget Finelys or Hoptron. I actually will be up in LI this weekend as well and will be at Hoptron and Finelys on Saturday Night
  9. jaIsPoAn

jaIsPoAn Savant (365) New York Aug 1, 2012

And the tap room...patchogue is awesome