1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Visting West Flanders, Brussels Next Week - Trade for US Beer?

Discussion in 'Benelux' started by jjwp, Apr 2, 2012.

1. jjwp

jjwp Disciple (60) Illinois Dec 22, 2008

I will be visiting Brussels and Bruges/West Flanders from April 10-12, 2012. Anyone interested in trading some of your belgian rarities for US craft beer? I'm in Chicago, so have easy access to all midwest breweries (Bell's Goose Island, Three Floyd's, Founder's, etc)

Does anyone know if Belgian bottle shop owners are typically interested in trading for beer as well?

thanks,
    jjwp

2. JorisP

JorisP Aficionado (200) Belgium Dec 6, 2002

You might try De Zytholoog in Adegem (Maldegem), both bottleshop as pub, who assembles foreign brews' tastings. His selection of Belgian beers (+/- 1500) is large enough to find some trading material. You might want to shoot him a mail first.

3. jjwp

jjwp Disciple (60) Illinois Dec 22, 2008

I will do that - thanks for the advice

4. p1lsen

p1lsen Zealot (90) Illinois Apr 4, 2008

I would call or email the usual suspects in Bruges (etc., brugs beertje, 2be, Biertempel) to see if theyre interested in trading as well.

Also, you can visit St Sixtus to see if you can pick up a 3-pack, or at Cafe In de Vrede, where they sometimes have some for sale.

Let me know how your trip goes... I had a great time in West Flanders a few months ago.

5. I will be going to the abbey on tuesday the 10th where i can pick up some westy 12. I am far away from Brussels though............Very interested in a trade!

Thijs

6. drummintime

drummintime Zealot (80) Oregon Apr 29, 2008

jjwp, how did it go? Did you find trading partners? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm going to Belgium/Netherlands this month and will be looking to trade my midewestern brews as well.

7. There is always some one who want to trade!!!! So let us know when and where you are.
    I have many Westy 12 and some other nice beers!!

8. MilkManDanL

MilkManDanL Aspirant (25) May 7, 2012

I'll be in Brussels May 25th - May 27th and may do a day trip the 26th. If someone wants me to bring some USA craft beers either to trade or sample with, I'd be willing. Respond back and then we can disccus the what and where :)