1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Vlad Release

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by Shmeal, Jan 29, 2013.

1. m4ttj0nes

m4ttj0nes Aficionado (215) Oregon Feb 21, 2012

im done with cascade (unless they bottle diesel) find me overpaying at hotd exclusively
  2. Have they said if Vlad will see distribution in the Seattle area? Curious what the bottle shops would charge...
  3. maximum12

maximum12 Advocate (735) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

I'd be happy to send you some if I had any. :D
  4. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

I think they said barrel house/online only, but I'm sure they'll change their minds after seeing the bottles sit around for a while.
  5. I was at the Barrel House this week. They said it will be brewery/online only until they run out in March. It takes 2 years to go to bottles so they are in no hurry. Because they don't brew every year it will be 2 years before we see it again.
    maltmaster420 likes this.
  6. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Savant (440) Oregon Aug 17, 2005

It's being distributed to stores in PDX today.
    hoparoundnw2337 likes this.
  7. Who can you believe any more:rolleyes:
  8. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Savant (440) Oregon Aug 17, 2005

At this point I don't believe anyone until the beer has been delivered and I've cut them a check. ;)
    beertunes likes this.
  9. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Savant (485) Washington Nov 12, 2011

I heard from a distributor that Seattle should get some. Maybe they were wrong?
  10. w_klon

w_klon Aficionado (190) Oregon Aug 1, 2012

Its at a pdx shop for < the brewery has it! What the?
  11. Considering Cascade used to say Vlad was too expensive to bottle, everything they tell you should be taken with a grain of salt.
  12. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

This is pretty normal imo. Retailers get pissed when the brewery undercuts them.
    beertunes likes this.
  13. DimensionX

DimensionX Savant (325) Oregon Oct 1, 2010

saw some at beermongers for 27 and change
  14. DrAwkward82

DrAwkward82 Savant (305) California Apr 16, 2005

So has anybody who ordered online received their bottles yet? I got an order confirmation after I bought on the day Vlads went on sale, which also said I would receive an e-mail when my bottles were shipped. As of yet, no follow-up regarding any bottles in the mail, and my phone messages to the brewery have gone unreturned.

I'd imagine they're not shipping to the East Coast or Midwest yet due to cold weather, but I'm in Los Angeles, so just wondering if everybody else out west is still waiting.
  15. RedMedicine

RedMedicine Savant (340) Oregon Jun 3, 2005

Too busy counting the benjamin$.
  16. KiMiRaiK

KiMiRaiK Initiate (0) Washington Dec 24, 2012

So I paid $30 at the barrel house and IMO, there is nothing about it to justify the price. Not that i didn't enjoy it, I just enjoyed apricot and kriek more, for $10 less... also, if you can still find it, blueberry as well.
  17. ggfunk

ggfunk Savant (280) Oregon Mar 29, 2010

I received a bottle from the gf for Valentines day. I overpaid for flowers, now we're even.
  18. Per Facebook:
    Cascade Brewing
    After a somewhat disastrous end to our relationship w/an unnamed shipping company, we have, as of last Monday, become partners with another. We are confident that our shipping will be much smoother and quicker. We apologize for any inconvienence or long wait for product and hope you order from us again. We have just shipped a large amount of packages to the Northeast, the South and the West Coast. If you live in the Great Lakes area or the Midwest, we are holding your package until it warms up a bit. Beer freezes and it's very sad. We are keeping our eyes on the Weather Channel and will ship as soon as it looks better. Cheers!
    DrAwkward82 likes this.
  19. The Seattle release is Feb 28th at Pine Box.
  20. bump. just found some in Bend. 2 cases left.
  21. It's all over Seattle for $30 a bottle. Not sure if want.
  22. oregone

oregone Savant (365) Oregon Jul 2, 2008

Think there's likely no rush on this one. Unless you want it. Then, by all means.