1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Von Trapps

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by beertunes, Feb 13, 2013.

1. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 24, 2007

2. I mean to check it out over the weekend, but I caught the plague. Sounds like their opening was pretty crazy.
    "Well it has been almost 72 hours since we opened our doors to one of the most unexpected and (wonderfully) overwhelming welcome to the neighborhood. Thanks to everyone. If you were one of the first 400 people to pour through our doors in the first hour, please be sure to check us out again under more controlled and prepared circumstances! :) Looking forward to many years of jovial bier hall, brat filled, bocce playing fun."
  3. I have been eyeballing this place as well. The inside looks pretty cool.
  4. adkieffer

adkieffer Savant (320) Washington Nov 23, 2010

Tuesday evening or sometime like that I will give it a try. NEVER on a weekend night though.....too many Summers eve bags
  5. Just noticed that kids are welcome (until 10pm), sweet.
    bgramer likes this.
  6. youradhere

youradhere Savant (460) Arkansas Feb 29, 2008

Oh sure, Jim leaves Washington and the kid friendly bocce beer hall opens up, new jobs get posted- I bet there is going to be record sunshine there while we are gone too, and Bill Gates will give everyone a thousand dollars.
    beertunes and jl28r1 like this.
  7. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (760) Washington May 12, 2005

Stumbled into this place tonight before dinner (momiji). Pretty crowded, even though it was a huge space. Grabbed a Descender on tap and watched some bocce ball. Would be fun to play, but I can't imagine how hard it is to get a 'court' on a weekend night.

Went and ate dinner and had some bourbon (canon), walked back by around 10:00 and the line was probably 50 deep out the door. Could be super fun on a Tuesday in like 2 years, but until then...
  8. Canon is my home away from home. I was planning on checking out Von Trapp's over the weekend, but after reading this, I decided to save it for a weekday...
  9. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 24, 2007

10. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Savant (330) Washington Sep 11, 2011

I was there at 5 the same day as Kendall, and we (4 adults and 1 child) were seated immediately, but it was pretty near capacity. Half the bocce courts were available. Food was alright (not as good as I expected). Beer was decent; I had 2x Ayinger Bräu Weisse and an Old Rasputin on nitro. Bill was larger than anticipated. I won't be rushing back, but it was okay. And parking sucked, too.

[​IMG]
  11. OakedCanuck

OakedCanuck Initiate (0) Washington Jun 23, 2009

My buddies and I went on Saturday. Got there at 1615, immediately asked for a court. An hour and a half later we were on. Pretty cool place and I think it will be more enjoyable after a few months, or on a weekday.

Had a 1L mug of Good Life Descender IPA, great beer.
  12. sukwonee

sukwonee Advocate (535) Washington Dec 13, 2011

My company will be having a end-of-busy-season party here. I was like really? a place with solid draft list? awesome!
  13. Kopfschuss

Kopfschuss Advocate (520) Oregon Aug 19, 2009

Don't forget the weed!