1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Voodoo Brewing Barrel Room Collection

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by Holmes698, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Axic10 likes this.
  2. stakem

stakem Champion (870) Pennsylvania Feb 20, 2009

3. [Can I have permission to set my tent up in your yard? I will be there in 5 hours. Need to secure my spot so I dont miss out.[/quote]
    Sure it is $99 per night, or 1 whale per night. ;)
  4. Jeffo

Jeffo Advocate (630) Netherlands Sep 7, 2008

Beauty! Loved regular Black Magick. Hopefully these sets find their way over here. :)

Jeff
    sliverX likes this.
  5. Jparkanzky

Jparkanzky Initiate (0) Ohio Apr 5, 2011

Anyone know what direction they're leaning in terms of "Ticket Distribution" ? Are they going to use an Online brownpaperticket kinda deal, or more likely a "hand it out when you get there in line" system?
  6. Tix will be given out at Voodoo, not online.
  7. Dcv

Dcv Aficionado (240) Michigan Nov 12, 2009

They are going to hand out tickets in line,there is a thread in the Mid-Atlantic forum about the release.
    http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/voodoo-release-location-revealed.23745/
  8. ISO all of the above... love Voodoo...
    victory4me and seeswo like this.
  9. we will be handing out tickets for allotments at 10am 3/23. The pub will open at 11. We should have numbers concerning bottle counts and allotments within 2 weeks.
    trxxpaxxs likes this.
  10. CORKSCREWFISH

CORKSCREWFISH Savant (325) Illinois Apr 22, 2011

ISO: Pappy Daddy
  11. Ok everyone, here is the long awaited information concerning bottle counts, limits, and pricing:

Buffalo Trace Black Magick (12oz)- 552 bottles, limit 3/person, $8/bottle
    Pappy Van Winkle Black Magick (12oz)- 523 bottles, limit 3/person, $10/bottle
    Laird's Apple Brandy Black Magick (12oz)- 174 bottles, limit 2/person, $10/bottle

Buffalo Trace Big Black Voodoo Daddy (22oz)- 268 bottles, limit 1/person, $17/bottle
    Pappy Van Winkle Big Black Voodoo Daddy (22oz)- 267 bottles, limit 1/person, $19/bottle
    Laird's Apple Brandy Big Black Voodoo Daddy (22oz)- 171 bottles, limit 1/person, $19/bottle
    Laird's Apple Brandy Gran Met (22oz)- 398 bottles, limit 1/person, $19/bottle

there will also be the following available for purchase, in addition to bottles of our year round offerings:
    2011 Big Black Voodoo Daddy (22oz)- no limit, $10/bottle
    2012 Big Black Voodoo Daddy (22oz)- no limit, $9/bottle

This means that there is enough for 87 people to get a full allotment. Once the Laird's Apple Brandy Black Magick is gone, the next lowest bottle count is 171 on the Laird's Apple Brandy Big Black Voodoo Daddy. So, an additional 84 people will be able to get everything except the Laird's Apple Brandy Black Magick... you can keep doing the math to figure out the rest.

If we go through everyone who has a ticket and we do not sell out, we will sell whatever is left at an additional 1 bottle/person/treatment until the entire inventory is sold.

We will also have barrel room collection glassware and t-shirts available. We will post pictures and prices when we receive them.

We will also post a tap list for Friday 3.22 and Saturday 3.23 as well as a food menu as we get closer to those dates.

Additionally, because of the type of license we have, bottle sharing inside the pub will not be permitted. Only products brewed on site can be consumed inside the pub.
  12. Knapp85

Knapp85 Advocate (690) Pennsylvania Dec 25, 2009

Where do you get a ticket?
  13. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

will there be a completely separate allotment for the satellite release?
  14. stakem

At 10am in line.
    claaark13 and Knapp85 like this.
  15. Knapp85

Knapp85 Advocate (690) Pennsylvania Dec 25, 2009

Thanks!!
  16. yes, this information is for the release at our pub in meadville, pa only. separate information will be following concerning the release at the blue dog in lansdale
    xnicknj likes this.
  17. eyeenjoybeer likes this.
  18. Good luck getting any of these. The bombers are limited to one per person and the 12oz are limited to 2-3 per person. Get multiple whales out in any hope of landing these.
  19. I have no problem trading good/rare beer for something I want, and I'm sure I have more than enough ammo to land these if I really want to go after them. However, not sure what you consider a whale, but nobody is going to score "multiple whales" with a 12oz 3-allocated 500-count bottle from a not-so-widely-known brewery.
  20. stakem

And so it begins...
    london1o1 likes this.
  21. I wasn't doubting your "ammo"....Ok, just ment it would take a lot to get someone to trade these. Sorry, didn't mean for things to get so serious so quickly. I should have ended my sentence with a winky face to be more clear. ;)
  22. Sorry, wasn't trying to get pointed, I just didn't want this to turn into yet another round of: "OMG this is the new rarest hottest beer ever and only Captain Ahab himself will sleigh it!"...

It's a nice limited beer, and I expect it to trade for similar.
    Holmes698 and cavedave like this.
  23. The satellite Barrel Room Collection Release will be held at the Blue Dog in CHALFONT (not Lansdale) on 4/27 at 11AM. We are working with Chris and Rob to get the rest of the details hammered out and will keep you posted with updates!
    victory4me likes this.
  24. the city of meadville has been great in working with us to help this event go as smooth as possible. they have granted us a permit for a public assembly. what does that mean to you? it means that arch street will be closed between mulberry ave and market street to allow you more space to congregate. the street will be blocked off from 5pm friday 3.22 to sunday morning 3.24. in this space, we will have porta-potties for you and a large tent in case of poor weather (and hopefully a lot of other things we are still trying to figure out). for those of you getting in line early, it also means you have ample space for a bottle share!
    Soonami, Psykhe, HopFace and 2 others like this.
  25. Tap List Preview:
    4 Seasons IPA
    Wynona's Big Brown Ale
    Pilzilla
    Gran Met
    Voodoo Love Child
    White Magick of the Sun

Cowbell
    Big Black Voodoo Daddy

Grande Negro Voodoo Papi- A special batch of BBVD brewed with maple syrup, whole Madagascar vanilla beans, and cinnamon then aged on ghost chili peppers for just the right amount of heat. (Limited Quantities)

2 Live Gran Cru Greatest Hits Volume 1- Curt's blend of Black Magick and Big Black Voodoo Daddy aged in Pappy Van Winkle Barrels for 15 months. (Limited Quantities)

Cask: 2 Live Grand Cru Greatest Hits Volume 2- Curt's blend of our new wee heavy, Tenacious Wee and our yet to be named barlewine aged in Pappy Van Winkle barrels for 12 months. (Limited Quantities)

PLUS 4 additional seasonal pub-only beers, depending on what we have at the time
  26. dcraig13

dcraig13 Aficionado (160) Ohio Sep 13, 2010

Sounds like Voodoo and Meadville are both working really hard for us to enjoy this even. We should start a Google Doc for all the BAers to post what they plan on bringing for the bottle share.
  27. kcbaby

kcbaby Savant (260) Massachusetts Jun 30, 2010

28. kcbaby

kcbaby Savant (260) Massachusetts Jun 30, 2010

29. Will each bottle have their own ticket or will you be giving out one ticket that allows you to buy as many as the allotted amounts allow? If so, how will it work when the brew pub opens? Will be another first come; first serve situation except in this case only for people with a ticket?
  30. radio2525

radio2525 Savant (255) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

There will be one ticket which allows you to buy as many of the bottles as the allotted amounts allow when you number is called. Your number is based on your ticket which will be handed out at 10 AM. The line for tickets will start way before 10AM.
    This is as i understand iit
  31. Ok, more specifically then, will this be a lottery or will Voodoo go through the tickets sequentially. Nobody here but the people at Voodoo probably know this but I'm curious on the specifics. If it's a lottery, then there really is no need to show up super early.
  32. radio2525

radio2525 Savant (255) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

From talking with it will be sequentially not a lottery
  33. Scotty

Scotty Aficionado (210) Maryland Jun 29, 2012

They answered this on their Facebook, sequentially as mentioned above:

[​IMG]
  34. Yeah, I just skimmed through all their comments on their posts. Thanks! Now the real question is, they have about, at most, ~260 people can get a single bottle at a minimum. What time are people actually going to line up.
  35. Too early probably. I also expect a ton of people to complain about line cutters since the tickets aren't being handed out until 10 but that's not Voodoo's fault.
  36. I've never been to the area, any 24 hour diners in the area for a decent breakfast before the sharing beings?
  37. perkins is right off the interstate on your way into town, open 24/7
  38. jbdpsu82

jbdpsu82 Savant (390) Pennsylvania Aug 28, 2012

So I'm thinking about making the 4.5 hour drive to Meadville to attend this. I've never been to this sort of thing before. Anybody have any incite as to how early someone should get to the brewery to get a decent spot in line? By decent I mean at least able to get a PVW BBVD