1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Voodoo Brewing Barrel Room Collection

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by Holmes698, Jan 23, 2013.

1. picksomeupformebro?

2. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985 Savant (305) Ohio Oct 20, 2007

If anyone can grab a Laird's BBVD I have a Jackie O's Cellar Cuvée 7 with your name on it.

3. Once the above BA's are taken care of, I'd also be interested in PVW and BT Black Magick if someone can still pick up! Cheers!

4. I knew this was going to happen but no way I could say that long. Sucks but oh well. Good stuff for whoever stuck around though.

5. *raises hand* I'll get you high?

corby112 likes this.
  6. kapkenobi

kapkenobi Savant (270) Pennsylvania Nov 27, 2011

did this all sell out on Saturday, or did any extra remain on sale? id love to get another bottle or two

7. From an e-mail I got yesterday.

Bottle-wise, here’s what we’ve got left:
    Gran Met Laird's Apple Brandy (22 oz)
    Big Black Voodoo Daddy Laird's Apple Brandy (22 oz)
    2011 Big Black Voodoo Daddy (22 oz)
    We also have the limited 12 oz. Voodoo Barrel Room collection snifters.
    These bottles and snifter are available at both Blue Dog locations.

8. kapkenobi

Thanks for the heads up.

9. ugh i wish i could get out there today, but its not in the cards. anyone heading there want to hook a bro up with a snifter and the 2 apple brandys? i know its weak but its worth a shot.

10. I showed up just before 11 and could easily have gotten the full allotment had I chosen to. I was #81 and they had 144 bottles of each variety.

11. stmgl01

stmgl01 Savant (260) Pennsylvania Dec 11, 2007

This is really tempting! I'm in doylestown all day with time to kill. Can't remember having an apple brandy barrel beer that I've enjoyed though.

12. Not that it matters but if they did have 144 of each then this was diffrerent from what they published before the event. The bottles ranged from 72 to close to 600 I believe. For the Big Black Voodoo Daddy Laird's Apple Brandy, there was no limit on what you could buy initially when they called your #. All others had a 1 bottle limit until later in the day from what I am reading above.

13. stmgl01

stmgl01 Savant (260) Pennsylvania Dec 11, 2007

Stopped in and picked up a bottle...girl behind the counter said there is "a lot left" of each beer mentioned above. They have a nice little selection there with decent prices which was a nice surprise having never been there.

14. Wouldn't surprise me. The BM variants are the ones that brought the crowds, not that the BBVD variants aren't awesome by themselves.

15. You know what it was, I was just thinking about the ones I bought. Even though some were more limited the guys right in front of me in line still got full allotments.

16. deuce9259

deuce9259 Savant (310) Ohio Dec 28, 2011

ISO: 3 mentioned bottles + 2 snifters...anyone who may be heading up that way BM if interested. Thanks.

17. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Champion (825) New York Dec 13, 2009

jumping on board and asking/begging someone local to pick up some brews that are still available. i'd be plenty of happy to cover all my costs and either buy you a bottle or send you a thanks box...or we can trade?

18. I am currently 10 minutes from there. Does anyone know if they still have that stuff? I'd hook you up bc I know you've been persistent about really wanting this stuff.

cosmicevan likes this.
  19. Mutate

Mutate Aspirant (35) Pennsylvania Apr 6, 2012

Stopped in the Chalfont location for lunch today, and they still have Laird's BBVD bottles. Just in case someone was still wondering if they still had anything left.

20. kapkenobi

that makes me sad, just had the gran met last night, its amazing

21. Any kind soul who picked up any extra of the barrel room beers, hook a SEPA OG up. Going to Hill Farm next month. I also have an extra Kuhnhenn mead or two I'd be willing to part with.

22. Franch

Franch Advocate (540) New York Mar 22, 2011

^^ is this meadadvocate?!

(is it bbft?)

23. Ill try to stop by tomorrow after work and see what I can do for you bud.

TSAFEVIL likes this.
  24. It should be!

All taken care of, thanks to callmemickey and oglmcdgl. Cheerz.

25. The Lansdale location had Gran Met yesterday, but I bought the last AB BBVD.

26. Franch

Franch Advocate (540) New York Mar 22, 2011

holy shit apple brandy gran met is good

27. kapkenobi

Yes it is, like apple crisp. Its amazing.

28. Dammit do I really have to go buy more lol, that is if they still have a few.

29. kapkenobi

grab me one and ill meet up with you and give you cash. im in the reading area so lansdale is a little bit of a drive