1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Wachusett coming to CT

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by CTBeerPope, Feb 27, 2013.

1. CTBeerPope

CTBeerPope Savant (280) Connecticut Jan 30, 2012

Found out yesterday Wachusett will be coming to CT soon but only in certain counties. I know this won't excite some but just letting you guys know. When I know the exact counties ill post . Distro will be CBG.
    marcdalke likes this.
  2. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (650) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

Nice.........:)

Larry!!!

Cheers
    Pahn, bigedct and youbrewidrink like this.
  3. Enjoy. I think Wachusett is an under unappreciated brewery. I think the reason why many geeks may not consider them among their top favorite local craft is because their flagship is a blueberry beer so that's what's first associated with them (and geeks don't seem to gravitate towards blueberry beers). However, if you go past that, they have some very enjoyable stuff. Even beyond Larry. For starters, I think fresh Green Monstah is really delicious, and their milk stout is super tasty.
    smutty33 likes this.
  4. I've only had Green Monstah IPA (visiting family in MA for Thanksgiving) and I enjoyed it a lot. I'll buy it once it gets to CT. :)
  5. Lucky CT. Trade ya for NEBCO :cool:
  6. Tell that to everyone ISO Blabaer, KBE, Cascade Blueberry, LeBleu, etc, etc.
  7. Wasn't referring to wild ales and such...just blueberry beers like the ones made by wachusett, sea dog, newport storm, etc
  8. Oh, I'm well aware, and just felt like being a sardonic jerk for the moment. The bigger point is that BAs hate ALL non-sour fruit beers, not just blueberry ones.
  9. xanok

xanok Savant (395) Connecticut Aug 13, 2009

I love Shipyard Smashed Blueberry and I question the palate of anyone that doesn't.
  10. kinopio

kinopio Savant (370) Massachusetts Apr 30, 2009

I like plenty of non sour fruit beers. Looking at DFH alone you've got Black and Blue, Aprihop, and Festina Peche. All good beers in my eyes. If I'm stuck at a bar with limited craft I'll order a Raspberry UFO over a regular UFO every time.
  11. RMoeNay

RMoeNay Advocate (505) Connecticut Sep 22, 2010

So individuals like fruit beers... But as a whole Woosterbill is correct, if you consider the majority of Fruit-Beers and their respective reviews (assuming sub 4.0 as the standard of 'doesn't like').

Edit- and I mean non-sour Fruit beers....
  12. bootdown21

bootdown21 Savant (395) Connecticut May 14, 2009

Just picked up a bottle of Larry in CT (Simsbury Liquor Depot) for $5.29. Best By 7/19/2013.
    Pahn and smutty33 like this.
  13. xanok

xanok Savant (395) Connecticut Aug 13, 2009

Pretty cool. Does anyone know how far out the bottles are dated?
  14. Would agree in general, some exceptions like New Glarus
  15. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (695) New York Dec 2, 2009

wachusett in general: meh, might pick up some.

if you're lucky enough to have a fresh larry source: big score.