1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Web based shows about beer?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Newkidroundhere, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Are there any good ones out there? I have not been able to find much worth watching?

2. teal

teal Aficionado (195) Wisconsin May 3, 2012

What exactly are you looking for? General beer coverage or home brewing?

Brewing TV (now mostly defunct) was a great home brew based web show that covered a TON of real estate on beer.

Actually - I'd recommend that more BA's get to know the home brewing side of beer. You don't have to actually brew if you don't want to but I think the things learned there are invaluable to appreciating great beer.

Once you know how it's constructed, what things affect what flavors etc - even rudimentary knowledge - I feel that helps me appreciate the commercial and brew pub offerings just that much more. Pick up the occasional Brew Your Own magazine or Zymurgy at Barnes and Noble. Or watch Brewing TV, subscribe to some home brewer youtube channels like Don Osborn or Michael Dawson - just to be around the culture a bit.

I think it's helpful for the overall hobby.

bishopdc0 and JxExM like this.
  3. I am open to any suggestions at this point. Homebrewing is not my focus, but I will watch/listen to the topic to learn.

4. I highly recomend Beer America TV. I really enjoy these guys. They have been pushing for a cable based show for a while now. Definetly give them a look. Give em a like on facebook too!

5. MagPie

MagPie Zealot (75) Illinois Oct 12, 2012

6. ill be starting one up soon, i have 10 years in television and video production experience, after hours acess to the tasting lounge bar that i have 6 rotating taps on at work for a set. right now im picking up cameras and revamping my editing set up to deliver the highest quality product.

you guys tell me what you want to see and ill cover it for sure. id like to do a weekly show but it may end up being bi-weekly as i have other editing projects coming up as well

7. to give an idea of whats on tap on the set right now. Hopslam, Lagunitas Sucks, Marooned on Hog Island, Uinta Yard Sale, Terrapin Wake n Bake. the sixth was 21st watermellon wheat but it got finished when we offered it for $1 pint nights

8. Not a TV show but I really enjoy watching the reviews on BeerGeekNation.com . Chris Steltz does a great job and the production values are pretty good. Unlike a lot of the youtube beer reviews I seen.

stoney1031 likes this.
  9. GR_Rick

GR_Rick Aficionado (200) Michigan Jul 14, 2012

Also not a "show", but rather video reviews - but I'd highly recommend The Beer Temple (www.craftbeertemple.com). It's run by a guy out of Chicago who now (as of a few weeks ago) runs his own bottle shop. Great guy, funny, very smart, and excellent reviews. Pretty we'll produced also. Cheers!

10. LeRose

LeRose Advocate (545) Massachusetts Nov 24, 2011

BeerSmth has podcasts and a decent video library. Some interviews with brewers, etc. A good one features Jason Perrault who knows a thing or two about hop processing. So a pretty good mix, not just home brewing vids. Decent newsletter too, but can get a little annoying with recycles, repeats, and shilling to buy the brewing software.

11. New Brew Thursday over in California has a fun group of guys with lots of guests and beer. They review a new beer (or two) every Thursday and are quite knowledgeable about beer. Here is their homepage: http://www.newbrewthursday.com/