1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Wedge & Bottle - Phoenix

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by Tukee, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Tukee

Tukee Member

Another cool event at Wedge & Bottle tonight: 5 Jolly Pumpkin beers paired with 5 cheeses. All 5 pairings were awesome. I love that Troy & Krista there actually know beer and not just wine like most these kind of places. Any Phoenix folks ever check this place out?
    luwak likes this.
  2. Jefeipa

Jefeipa Member

What's the price and time of this event?
  3. Tukee

Tukee Member

Sorry, it was actually last night - Feb 7.
    But they do cool stuff all the time (both wine and beer). For Beer Week next week, they're providing the cheese pairings for the belgian beer and cheese event at World of Beer
    http://www.wedgebottle.com/
  4. 3frog

3frog Member

Agreed, great little place--that currently has singles of Hopslam on the (unrefrigerated--the only down) shelves.
    Tukee, did you go last night? If so, what do you look like? I was the rotund fellow at the back of the store on the beer side. Briefly met a couple from Portland.
    Also, I like what Pitcher of Nectar is doing, including getting the Shelton Bros portfolio from Crescent. (but those 3 of you who 'stole' all the last shipment of Cantillon already know that :mad:)
  5. yemenmocha

yemenmocha Member

Thanks for the heads up. Love to try new places. The 5 beers with 5 cheeses sounds tasty.
    luwak likes this.
  6. Tukee

Tukee Member

Hey, I was right next to you with my wife and our 3-yr-old daughter!
  7. yemenmocha

yemenmocha Member

Cool coincidence. You never know, the person in the hoodie & ballcap next to you could be a BA!