1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.

Weed beer

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by crusian, Dec 5, 2012.

1. beerborn

beerborn Savant (345) Georgia Jan 22, 2012

I see where your coming from now, most definitely a good point

2. jRocco2021

jRocco2021 Savant (405) Wisconsin Mar 13, 2010

You are right I was just pointing out it's possible. My post was directed towards the "scientists" speculating ealier in the thread.

franklinn likes this.
  3. jRocco2021

jRocco2021 Savant (405) Wisconsin Mar 13, 2010

You pretty much just restated what I said but yeah exactly!

4. pixieskid

pixieskid Advocate (660) Germany Jun 4, 2009

smoking from a can is not classy, it's for when you're in your teens and have no other option. Do as you please, but I would imagine that the aluminum/paint from the can is really not good for you...

5. With weed? Upslope Craft Lager. Refreshing, smooth, perfect.

6. only in times of need my friend ;)
    i want to create a pipe/can thats safe.

7. Doubt that would happen, closest Ive had is SixPoint's Resin, tasted like a big back of Chronic lol. Good to taste it but not something I'd drink regularly.

8. RJLarse

RJLarse Advocate (740) Washington Dec 30, 2005

And they dropped a ton of cases in Washington immediately after the election.

9. cmmcdonn

cmmcdonn Savant (355) Virginia Jun 21, 2009

A few of the HBT threads on the subject (which ultimately get deleted) suggested that the amount of the special ingredient you'd need in order to extract enough THC to feel the effects from drinking it in a beer would be very large and thus very impractical due to the cost. Added on top of that is the fact that you're absorbing it through your stomach/intestines and not directly into your lungs.

Not to mention it would probably taste awful.

10. Toronado SF comes to mind. Just breathe in the air in that place while you drink, and the effect id imagine would be the same.

11. Theoretically, if you were to lightly boil honey with the buds in it, you would be able to extract the thc. Using heavy volume of the honey as the base, its possible. A honey blonde could be created.

brianthelion23 and alelover like this.
  12. Ford

Ford Savant (490) Texas Sep 8, 2012

why do we think this would even be good...

13. I don't want marijuana in my body. Including it in beer that I may order unknowingly would piss me the fuck off.

beertunes likes this.
  14. robwater

robwater Aficionado (240) Colorado Jan 14, 2012

I'm sure there's a way to include a vaporizer into the brew processand vape the shit out of your homebrew. I never thought weed would ever get introduced to gummy fish in a subtle, yet effective (and tasty) way. I was wrong.

Pass the Cheetos.

15. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

Jesus dude, relax. There is no way a commercial brewery would make one and you would drink it unknowingly. Roid much?

docnose, MeBeerGood and robwater like this.
  16. robwater

Ironically, I don't think you'd be that pissed off...right away.

docnose, franklinn and crusian like this.
  17. Mixing drugs in the eyes of the nation.........

18. Which part of that would be the ironic part?

19. CORKSCREWFISH

CORKSCREWFISH Savant (325) Illinois Apr 22, 2011

Drunks are awesome when you're drunk,stoners are great if you're stoned. Otherwise... they're dumb!

20. robwater

Welp, the irony is you say you'd be pissed, but in reality you'd be chill. Again, at least right away. Sucks when you have to explain humor. Your curl bar called. It misses you.

docnose and MeBeerGood like this.
  21. CORKSCREWFISH

CORKSCREWFISH Savant (325) Illinois Apr 22, 2011

Don't you mean....Dooood! Chillllllax? I hate stereotyping! Wait! I thought I heard something...brb.

22. I'm 5'11'' 165. Vegas called. They want their shitty comedian back. Also, stop being another atypical stoner douche. Justify legalizing weed and I'll pay you.

beertunes likes this.
  23. Casedogg43

Casedogg43 Savant (490) Indiana Jan 4, 2012

Sounds good.

But I imagine it will be more like "ditchweed" in the beer rather than Medical M.
    Too costly.

24. as oppossed to smoking from a bong/ paper/ blunt etc.?

25. CityofBals

CityofBals Initiate (0) Illinois Sep 12, 2012

Only feasible way of doing this AND providing a decent buzz would be to brew a beer, and then add a tincture at bottling. If you were to try and brew using buds, you'd likely end up with a very expensive and ineffective method of THC uptake. (you could theoretically just make your own tincture, and then put a few drops in your next can of heady)

26. JimKal

JimKal Savant (325) North Carolina Jul 31, 2011

Actually this one has been around for a while: From O'Fallon Brewery in Missouri - Hemp Hop Rye. I pick it up when we are visiting my daughter. I think it is a nice Amber Ale. Here is the link - http://www.ofallonbrewery.com/products/index.html

27. franklinn

franklinn Savant (440) Vermont May 29, 2012

Been done a million times over, but this isn't the venue for it.

Rutager likes this.
  28. Actually, it hasn't. Legalizing such substance is encouraging people to give it a try. Thus welcoming abuse. Even medicinal sales end up distributed on the streets.

29. franklinn

You're on a beer website

docnose, MattyG85, luwak and 3 others like this.
  30. Actually, it has yo. That is why it is now legal in two states.

In other news, I fully expect a weed beer soon from Colorado or Washington. I am positive even if the THC was low it can be done and will be. If there is a market, and people are willing to try (and inventive brewers are definitely going to be willing to), it'll be done.

31. No shit? Then why are you clowns discussing drugs in beer.

32. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,130) Washington Sep 24, 2007

There won't be a legal weed beer from Washington. Most of the reasons were covered early in the thread, but basically, the feds wouldn't allow it and there would be no way to sell it until the WA LCB gets the details ironed out about a year from now. As it stands it's legal to possess up to an ounce, but it's not legal to buy or sell it, or to use it in public. Which means it would have to be a bottle only beer for home use. And our breweries don't bottle much to begin with.

franklinn likes this.
  33. I only like one drug in my beer....

2-[2,5-Dimethoxy-4-(propylthio)phenyl]ethanamine

That and alcohol.

Skunkdrool likes this.
  34. There is weed beer. See it all the time here in cali. I have no idea of the process. One time I smelled my roommates grass it smelled like pliny.

35. franklinn

I don't mind a little 1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6(3H,7H)-dione 3,7-dihydro-1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione in my beer. It has to be the right kind of beer though, you know, for the taste and everything.

We were talking about beer. You're the one who wanted to start a discussion about the morality of legalization. Take it to PM if you want to debate over that. I, and a lot of other folks in this thread, I imagine, would be glad to :)

36. No question.

37. I bet it could probably blend in with an IPA but i'm no expert. lol

38. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

nah...that's silly... there are thc sodas all over the place no fat in them they work fine

plus lots of pl use water to make extractions

39. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

yep all the crafty potheads and psychonauts know this well