1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Weed beer

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by crusian, Dec 5, 2012.

1. rab53

rab53 Advocate (625) Washington May 1, 2005

Except I've seen it on the shelves in MA and NY.

2. If I want weed, I'll get some weed...keep it outa my effin' beer :eek:

MarkSCCOT and TheBrewViking like this.
  3. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

I want link elephants in my beer too... But alas... Illegal.

4. I am sure there will. I didn't say "right now" or "soon." But I am sure it the nearish future, it will happen. Thanks for the update on what I already knew though =)

5. GBGrinnell

GBGrinnell Zealot (95) Minnesota May 2, 2011

6. Brew your own.

7. jbck109

jbck109 Savant (365) Michigan May 30, 2010

Propaganda that you have been hearing for decades?

OregonGrown7 and franklinn like this.
  8. Oz of hops= a couple bucks; oz of weed= $150+

craigo19 likes this.
  9. If you want a beer that tastes like weed, just get some Green Flash Palate Wrecker.

craigo19 likes this.
  10. If you look in the beer reviews in the newest issue of BA magazine, there's a little blurb about how a weed beer showed up at the Boulder Home Brew competition.

franklinn likes this.
  11. Ya about weed being a class 1 drug like meth heroin. How is it propaganda when science proves the dangers of alcohol to the human body. I guess liver damage is a big government conspiracy along with drunk drivin. Alcohol is a drug because it alters your state of mind and mood with an external substance just like weed and heroin. Beer is just more socially acceptable because of being force fed this propaganda you speak of. It's the cool thing to do man just like smoking cigs.

12. Sure, but you can get trim for cents on the dollar, and it makes a perfectly good beer.

13. I'm gonna brew a 15% abv weed beer and call it "the spinz".

14. RockAZ

RockAZ Savant (330) Arizona Jan 6, 2009

Send an email to Ed asking him to re-release his book as an e-book Marijuana Beer: How to Make Your Own Hi-Brew Beer,... http://quicktrading.com/?page_id=80
    I would like to see the end of Prohibition and in time encourage some of these experiments especially with whiskeys, but in the meantime I think the MM chocolate brownie paired with good old stouts and porters is the better way to go.

cruzmissile72 likes this.
  15. taxman

taxman Savant (265) Illinois Feb 22, 2012

16. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (705) New York Dec 2, 2009

there's a homebrew recipe floating around that you can probably google. sounds pretty good actually, but i haven't tried it. i'm afraid the only thing i like about weed is the smell, or when IPAs taste like it.

17. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

Wrong site, you're looking for www.mmarijuanaadvocate.com .

docnose likes this.
  18. I don't want caffeine in my body. Including coffee in beer that I may order unknowingly would piss me the fuck off.

19. i would drink that at least twice. just for a jog down memory lane

GrindFatherBob, kmatlack and DHS1029 like this.
  20. Justify criminalizing weed and I'll pay you.

21. Legalizing a substance such as alcohol is encouraging people to give it a try. Thus welcoming abuse.

Man, do you even bother to think before you type?

22. A good discussion is a good discussion regardless of the web site. Why not talk about weed and propaganda and beer? Can't handle an opinion, don't share yours.

23. Abuse is abuse regardless of ease of access. I would rather have the government spend all their money and efforts wasted upon the pot crucifixion, and put it towards educating the kids. I think a more informed general public will make better decisions in the long run. I cant believe a general public would allow a government to push its own morals upon them without an honest explanation. Pot is mostly still illegal due to the profits pill companies can make in the absence of it in the market place.

SatlyMalty and DHS1029 like this.
  24. Weed beer - OH NOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!!!! It takes too long to work when you ingest it. And it's more difficult to control how much you use unless you know exactly how much weed is in the beer and how potent the weed is.

25. Willbfun

Willbfun Aficionado (150) New York Sep 28, 2012

Specifically hemp seeds. Still not sure how they get away with that either? a friend wanted me to try it out he dont drink and I don't toke. Well, not since I was twenty

26. RangnaR

RangnaR Savant (425) California Dec 17, 2012

What's a link elephant? And how big of a can/bottle are you talking about to fit it in??

27. barfdiggs

barfdiggs Savant (420) California Mar 22, 2011

Great recipe, great beer. Makes good Christmas presents.

28. GFG

GFG Savant (295) North Dakota Oct 24, 2012

My girlfriends grandpa has some sort of weed beer in his collection from a long time ago. The bottle label is really cool. I can't remember where he got it or what its called. I'll have to ask him.

29. SFACRKnight

What does the criminalization or decriminalization of weed have to do with beer? Read the site rules and faq's, I've been chastized by the bros for a lot less than the shenanigans going on in this thread. Want to argue about non-related beer stuff? Go troll your local craigslist. Want to sit on beeradvocate and berate people about their stance on pot, you're in the wrong place, pro, anti, or other.

fmccormi likes this.
  30. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

beats the shit out of me, it was over 2 months ago. I'm guessing a victim of auto-correct.

31. jacob4999

jacob4999 Savant (330) Michigan Dec 9, 2008

Then you can barrel age it and call it "The Strikeout". lol

Massbmx and franklinn like this.
  32. Wolfhead

Wolfhead Savant (275) Illinois Sep 1, 2009

Please check out Uintas "Dubhe" sounds like:D
    It's a black IIPA thats brewed with hemp seeds, very tasty and keeps the cottonmouth away, at least that what I've read.;)

33. DHS1029

DHS1029 Savant (330) Illinois Feb 14, 2013

Feels like college! :confused::eek:

34. DHS1029

I get your point on the relevancy of the subject related to the context of the website that we are all on right now, however we are all adults here. If someone wants to talk about weed beer or whatever thats fine. Those who do not wish to be a part of the discussion or read the posts in the thread can go search the forum for a thread of their liking -- its that simple! No reason you have to be the grumpy old guy telling "us kids" whats right and wrong about what we like. There happen to be many people on BA who enjoy both marijuana and fine craft beers. Why should that be an indictment against them? Different strokes for different folks. If you don't like it, don't read it.

35. SFACRKnight

Wow, when did I become the grumpy old guy telling "you kids" to get off my grass? (Pun intended). The discussion has gone down from "hey, what about weed beer" to "hey, let's have a pissing match about weed". I never said anyone is right, or wrong, just that this is the wrong place for it. I live in CO and voted to legalize. Our schools have been cut back to nothing, and the legalization and taxation would do our schools well. I would even enjoy seeing a hIPA, (pronounced high pee eh). but again, we're on BA, not WA, so respect the venue.

DHS1029 likes this.
  36. DHS1029

I dig. You live in one of my very favorite states. I have been in love with CO ever since I spent a week and a half there back in 2007. Beautiful state, good beers (among other things ;))

37. I would blame the derailing of this thread on the people who came in to post idiotic nonsense about how we shouldn't legalize a drug on a website devoted to reviewing and discussing a legal drug. This started out as a good "what if" sort of discussion about the possibilities for cannabis beer now that certain jurisdictions are moving towards legalization. This was a pretty interesting topic until the uninformed prohibitionist idiots ruined it.

I mean, lets call it like it is - you would have to be some kind of idiot to think any sort of drug prohibition actually works. ;)

38. Or grow your own. You could get 6oz plus from a tiny grow in your own bedroom. Then you can experiment all you want with it. Awesomeness

Sunhunters likes this.