1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Weed beer

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by crusian, Dec 5, 2012.

1. I have heard of dispensaries selling it privately behind the counter though. Definately something you'd have to make yourself though. Or stumble upon it in a dispensary.

2. And you could always just drink beer while smoking or eating weed. Much easier.

RBCORCORAN and cruzmissile72 like this.
  3. Hemp seeds don't have THC, that's why you can buy them in health food stores.

Willbfun likes this.
  4. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

I'll call it like it is, you sound like rush limbaugh.

5. soughtbygod

soughtbygod Savant (305) California Apr 27, 2011

sounds like a HighPA instead of an IPA

tgchief likes this.
  6. I don't have much respect for Rush Limbaugh, but I respect his right to disrespect the opinions of others.

I mean, since when was every political viewpoint respectable? This isn't a war on drugs. This is a war on African-Americans and the working poor who are disproportionately represented in prison populations because of the so-called "War On Drugs." This is a war on sick people - people with cancer, multiple sclerosis, glaucoma, chronic pain, and various other diseases that can be treated cheaply and effectively with a plant they can grow themselves. This War is bankrupting entire countries to benefit corporate prison companies, weapons manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, and the law enforcement officers and officers of the courts who are complicit in the actions of a morally bankrupt state.

So please tell me, what is there to respect when politicians or people support the drug war? When did racism, classism, and rampant police collusion in political corruption become respectable?

7. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

I don't know about you fuckers, but I am high right now.

High on life, bro.

8. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

Well, this is a stepup from calling everyone who doesn't agree with you an idiot.

9. SatlyMalty

SatlyMalty Initiate (0) Washington Sep 12, 2012

I'm not but I like that you are!:D <---I'm imagining this dude's eyes are red (he's obviously high).

EDIT: high on life! missed it the first go 'round.
    DOUBLE EDIT: now I see why. I think I just got a contact high through my screen.

10. DHS1029

DHS1029 Savant (330) Illinois Feb 14, 2013

It's nice I have the office to myself today as the boss (my Dad) is out of town for vacation for the weekend. Hence, I brought my one hitter, turned on some good tunes, and have been glued to BA all day. I wish everyday could go like this :)

SatlyMalty likes this.
  11. Khazadum

Khazadum Savant (395) Illinois Apr 29, 2010

Clearly caffeine and thc are similar enough that we can draw the same conclusions with your statement.

12. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (380) New York Jul 16, 2011

hemp beer? why? hemp makes awesome ropes and fabric... it's high in omega 3's... but it ain't that tasty. (no THC in hemp).
    As for the whole THC debate... let me inject my perspective. I'm a neuropharmacologist who is actually a drug abuse researcher specializing in the endocannabinoid system (the system peturbed by delta 9 THC).
    It definitely has psychotropic effects... is it as dangerous as alcohol, likely not... merely because you can't OD and die on pot. Can you get into a nasty car accident and die. most definitely. Is it a "gateway drug"? debatable. Could once again say the same for alcohol. Did I ever try it? Nope. Do I think I'd damage myself if I did? Not if it were in brownies. Inhaled, yeah-Bad for the lungs. Are the new hybrid pot plants potentially dangerous because of the high level of THC? maybe... Does it have many medical applications? definitely. Is it less dangerous than most prescription drugs? most definitely.
    The schedule 1 thing is political. It's definitely psychotropic. It affects motor coordination and judgement. It's NOT in the same league as heroin or cocaine. So, take my professional opinion as you want, but those are the realities with my added opinions.

13. christ guys this whole thread reads like a first semester freshman's public speaking essay rough draft. get your shit together.

Pahn and Agold like this.
  14. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (380) New York Jul 16, 2011

'cause everyone is buzzed. ;) as it should be.

15. This is a solid hemp beer

16. I see what you did there.

17. baconman91

baconman91 Savant (495) Ohio Dec 13, 2009

18. baconman91

baconman91 Savant (495) Ohio Dec 13, 2009

19. I was more thinking that many beers with a special ingredient, like coffee beers, tend to have some sort of name or description that indicates they were flavoured with a special ingredient.

Any cannabis beer would likely be marketed as such. It would have a cannabis-related name or something along those lines.

20. There's no way a brewery would be able to do this and not have a bottle cost 100 bucks. An ounce of weed is like.... 300 bucks. So in a 7 barrel batch... they'd need POUNDS which are upwards of a few grand per. BB beer prices would be put to shame.

21. as someone who lives in a state where pot is legal, all i can say is...

you poor, poor bastards.

Kuester likes this.
  22. Derranged

Derranged Advocate (525) New York Mar 7, 2010

Just pair some weed brownies with an imperial porter.

Hermthegerm likes this.
  23. Cotchept

Cotchept Aficionado (150) Colorado Jan 14, 2013

I smoke weed every day of my life.

24. mishtif

mishtif Aficionado (195) Illinois Apr 17, 2012

yeas but the have created strain out there with no THC, at that point you wouldn't be wasting it by putting it in the beer, just addin the flavor ~ Ganja IPA sounds good

25. The Dude abides...

26. BlackDragon

BlackDragon Initiate (0) Michigan Feb 16, 2013

actually for men having one or 2 beers a night supposedly increases your life by 30 mins everytime you do as long as you don't drink more than that at least thats according to science so its actually good for you unlike weed at least if you don't drink too much:)

27. that would be one hell of a body high man, jesus christ

28. DHS1029

I would love to know where you got that information. Until then, its a nice idea, but its crap. Also, plenty of studies have been done to show that there are no harmful physical affects from smoking marijuana.

29. BlackDragon

I got it from yahoos ways to live longer as for bad things about marijuana how many people have been shot for an ounce of beer and how many have died for marijuana how many "beer dealers" are shooting each other the numbers are huge especially if you consider what goes on in Mexico if you could remove the gangs and cartels from the equation I'd agree with you but that will never happen.

30. DHS1029

That is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life. You attempted to defend your point like a 5 year old rather than provide some actual facts and statistics. I never said anything about drug dealers shooting each other, I said that marijuana does not contribute any harmful physical effects. You successfully proved to myself and everyone else that you are an immature jackass. Remember, you can drink yourself to death, but you cannot "overdose" on smoking pot. Try again, champ

cruzmissile72 likes this.
  31. Cotchept

Cotchept Aficionado (150) Colorado Jan 14, 2013

Facepalm. In that instance it's prohibition that kills people not cannabis itself. Same as it was when alcohol was illegal.

cruzmissile72 likes this.
  32. jncastillo87

jncastillo87 Aficionado (205) Texas Jan 27, 2013

What I was going to say ...

33. Does 2 bcbs count?

34. DHS1029

For some reason, in the case of alcohol, THC is able to bind to alcohol much in the same way it would to a fat. Miracle of nature I guess

35. Think about how many people get killed chasing trucks

36. raffels

raffels Savant (265) West Virginia Dec 12, 2009

Allow me to take this opportunity to introduce you to Mr.Period. He comes at he end of a sentence. Take a breath brother and have a beer...:)

37. Bah! You beat me to it!

38. jncastillo87

jncastillo87 Aficionado (205) Texas Jan 27, 2013

Excellent

39. BlackDragon

dude this isn't english class I won't use periods if I don't want to what are you gonna do give me a F:)

40. DHS1029

Seriously, how old are you? By the way you speak you sound like a child. Did mom and dad forget to put the child lock code on the computer?