1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

week in montreal !

Discussion in 'Canada' started by regularjohn, Feb 27, 2013.

1. hello fellow ba's, i'm heading to montreal this week and i'm wondering what spots i should definitely check out !

i'm going to be staying in the down town area, shouldn't be too far from all the strips so what spots would you definitely recommend as a must see? brewery/bar wise

i'm not that familiar with craft beer from canada but even if i visit a store for instance would you suggest looking out for anything in particular? thanks ! http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/city/20

cheers !
  2. hoser

hoser Savant (380) Alberta (Canada) Feb 17, 2003

Dieu du Ciel! and Cheval Blanc would be my picks for brewpub visits. L'amerie a boire make amazing lagers and the food is good there. Some will recommend Benelux but it has been a let the last couple times I have been there. For stores Peluso is still king I think.

Have fun in La Belle Province
  3. For brewpubs: DDC, L'Amere a Boire, and Brouhaha are good choices. St. Bock can be good sometimes, but it depends on their current taplist and whether or not the employees on call are useless. I wasn't terribly impressed with Benelux, but others swear by it so maybe I just picked a bad night the one time I went.

For bottles: Veux Tu Une Biere? and Peluso (corner of Rachel and D'Iberville) are your best bets, hands down.

If you need more info about restaurants and activities and stuff, or if you'd like to do some sort of in-person trade, please send me a PM and I'll be happy to arrange something!