1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Welcome to the new BeerAdvocate Community!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by BeerAdvocate, Feb 22, 2012.

1. This is definitely a different and exciting change haha. I'm excited to see what the future holds. Keep rockin' BA! Cheers
  2. Welcome to the technology everyone else had 10 years ago.
    travduke, SierraGS and rodney45 like this.
  3. Hehe, my thought exactly.
  4. nice to have a forum back up
  5. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 24, 2007

Ahh, I saw it and have forgotten it already. And no, this font and color isn't doing it for me either. #160720, this color might work.
  6. Are we going to be able to use Taptalk ?
  7. It'll take a while to adapt, but it's good to have the forum up finally
  8. Agold

Agold Advocate (510) Pennsylvania Mar 13, 2010

Didn't see this in the thread and search didn't seem to bring it up.

Are the old buddy lists saved somewhere and will they be converted to people you are following at some point? Or are they lost to the sands of the intertubes forever?
  9. Fenris244

Fenris244 Aficionado (240) Texas Aug 24, 2010

yay new forum, need avatar...
  10. Will take some getting used to, but I think I like it.
    Looking forward to the full version with all the bells and whistles.

**edit** I guess we have to reinstal our avatar manually!?
  11. Within 2 weeks everyone will be used to the new forum, just takes an adjustment period
    BeerThursdays likes this.
  12. NiceFly

NiceFly Savant (375) Tajikistan Dec 22, 2011

This new site is full of members.

13. what layout. you mean the stray button which enables one to see random large fonted opinions? awesome. super exciting. mobil app and a reasonable search option would be nice.
  14. this forum is one hundred feet tall,.
  15. Looks great!
  16. that would be nice!
  17. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

anyone else having trouble logging in on their phone? (iphone specifically)
  18. Well, I"m glad you got new servers, but I can't say I like this new layout/format, at all.:eek:
    CBlack85 likes this.
  19. Problem for me seems that it opens a "popup" type login section and it's hard to find on the phone. Everything gets grayed out and you have to search for the fields. Once I found them, no problems on the database side, but just strange placement.
  20. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

hmm...i saw the login section, but when i login it just brings me back to the new forum screen as if i just hit refresh.
  21. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

I mean the layout that they're using now. You seem upset...
  22. I think this is just the default layout. Lots of people will be upset because it's different. I hope there is some hybrid between this and what we had. Mostly, I would like to see the BA main site into in the side bar, and more integration. It will come, I just have to be patient..
  23. Dipping my toes in the water
  24. I too am very happy with the speed and response of the new servers, but not at all a fan of the new forum format or log in. BTW, what's with the sign in on the front page (not working) and then a forum log in? Shouldn't there be a memo on the main page that says "Go to forum section and log in." Took me several days to realize I could log in, but couldn't sign in. So confused, scratches head.
  25. steveh

steveh Advocate (705) Illinois Oct 8, 2003

So, when all the data from the old forum is transferred over, does that mean I won't have only 2 posts, or are we starting over from scratch?
  26. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

LOL. None of this technology existed 10 years ago, and our old forum was built 10 years ago.
    output01x likes this.
  27. BeerSingh

BeerSingh Savant (415) India Jul 25, 2009

I am finding my feet here
  28. GoldenChild

GoldenChild Savant (330) Michigan Nov 18, 2009

I was thinking this same thing "Crap im going to lose all of my trades!" Thank god.
  29. GoldenChild

GoldenChild Savant (330) Michigan Nov 18, 2009

Thanks! Are we still keeping the ranking system?
  30. interesting. just glad to see things up and running.
  31. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (540) California Aug 11, 2007

No problem with the Abecall. I've been testing this new site with my computer abdmy phone. The phone is slower, but other than that, no issue.
  32. How is your cat taking the change?
  33. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (540) California Aug 11, 2007

She really likes it. The other day at the beer tasting I hosted, she was telling the guys how much she didn't like RateBeer and hoped that the forums here would be back up this week, so she is happy.

Also, my avatar is of Doug, my brothers cat, I'll upload my cat Luna in a bit as my avatar for a bit.
    UCLABrewN84 likes this.
  34. The main page is very clear and understandable now. You have to tip your cap to the Bros. They have always listened to us and will make proper adjustments as needed. I have no doubt these new changes, once all are in place, will be user friendly and enjoyed by the members. Cheers!
  35. Devi0us

Devi0us Advocate (555) California May 3, 2011

What What, I'm finally getting my BA fix...I was going through withdrawals...

Cheers!
  36. jmw

jmw Savant (430) North Carolina Feb 4, 2009

I'm in.
    Now I can stop doing work things at work again.
    Spikester, Fubar1453 and GoldenChild like this.
  37. I was, but enabling cookies fixed all that.
  38. Just checking it out.
    Looks great.
    Harder to use so far. I'll get used to it.
  39. <<Profile pages will eventually be sync'd too.>>:D (had to use a smile since it's been the most emotional transition noted to date)

I am very happy to hear this since that's where I keep my trading partner list.
  40. Hey, where's my avatar?