1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Welcome to the new BeerAdvocate Community!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by BeerAdvocate, Feb 22, 2012.

1. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

Most recent unread != most recent. Being able to see the most recent unread post is a huge improvement. (I had actually written a greasemonkey script to attempt to recreate "see most recent unread". This is better.)
  2. ballz50401

ballz50401 Aficionado (245) Iowa Jul 29, 2009

Very cool!!!;)
  3. Retsinis

Retsinis Advocate (520) California Sep 25, 2009

This will take some getting use too, but look forward to some of these changes.
  4. Once the colors get implemented, it will be much better. The new forum is a huge improvement.

I hope our profiles come back though. So I can still remember who I've traded with.

Also...you can create a profile here if you just go to http://beeradvocate.com/community/account/personal-details and fill out "About Me"
  5. Glad the boards back.

I'm going to echo others in saying that nested replies would be awesome, as well as some more information under member name/avatar (town, state, maybe joined date for ease of troll spotting).
    andylipp, Jeffo, libbey and 1 other person like this.
  6. Boto

Boto Advocate (575) Connecticut Apr 26, 2003

I really didn't like the nested replies.
    yamar68 likes this.
  7. black13

black13 Savant (390) Oregon Apr 11, 2010

This is what I was thinking. I was actually a contributing member of my family.
  8. Pennywise

Pennywise Initiate (0) Germany Dec 25, 2000

Yep.
  9. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 24, 2007

I vote for Nested replies, more replies per page (I really liked the one big page of the old system) and location tags. Other than that, I think I'll adapt OK (if I can figure out how to keep my font, size and color, so that I don't have to reset each time. But that's just me).
    andylipp and Jeffo like this.
  10. A little icon so you can skip to your own last post of the thread, would be nice as well.
    Spoiler tags for photos, so it doesn't slow down certain threads.
  11. peeks in slowly

Can't wait for the color scheme to be normalized but...
    Cheers to having BA back!!!!
  12. I should clarify. When I say nested replies I mean having quote boxes inside a quote box. When I reply to yours I only see your post, and not my original. Makes following a conversation a bit more difficult. I know it can be a bit much when people are going back and forth so maybe max it out at 3 or 4. Actually, let me try something...

Looks like it does work it just doesn't do it automatically when you reply to a post with a quote in it.
  13. So glad it's finally back! Now to adjust...
  14. LadyOfMuchBeer

LadyOfMuchBeer Savant (380) Texas Apr 30, 2011

Guess it is back to business as normal. Congrats on getting over the hump guys! :rolleyes::D
  15. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

That's a perfectly reasonable request, I think. I know PHPBB defaults to letting you continue quoting forever, but other forums I've used are like this and only go one-deep. I could see allowing it to go back a few being useful, but as long as there's a link to whatever you're quoting, so you can see what they quoted, and so on, it shouldn't be a huge deal.
  16. Yes, please enable this feature again if it can be done.
    BrianTheBrewer30 likes this.
  17. johnnyboy76

johnnyboy76 Savant (315) Oregon Nov 20, 2010

The smileys are cool! How do you insert one?
  18. Welcome back!!!
  19. I hope the HADS/REVIEWS return to where I can view them. Not sure how that's going to work
    acurtis likes this.
  20. igor

igor Aficionado (190) Minnesota Nov 7, 2009

Looks awesome! Sweet!
  21. The reason I used to love this site was the "indentations" in the forums. BA was the only one like that and it was so easy to follow. Now its just like any other site. Doubt I will visist as often.
    callmescraps likes this.
  22. Todd

Todd Founder (1,410) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

They'll return. Things will be a bit disjointed visually for a bit, but we'll eventually sync things up.
    acurtis likes this.
  23. what time zone are the time stamps from.?
  24. Not sure that I like the new look. I always enjoyed the way that responses were attached to the original comment. Or maybe I am just resistant to change...
    callmescraps and beertunes like this.
  25. You can change the time stamps on your preferences page to match your timezone.
  26. Hope it gets back soon, I have beers to add!
  27. Grohnke

Grohnke Savant (380) Illinois Sep 15, 2009

You can still access your old profile from the main home page. A little copy paste action will take care of your issue.

28. Yeah I don't like the fact that it takes up the whole width because of my 22" screen. Oh well I'll get used to it. Glad to see things are getting back up and running again!
  29. Found it :cool:
  30. beertunes

Is there a way to search for specific members like there used to be? I just tried looking up a couple and failed.
  31. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

If you know the exact name of the member, it will come up on the right side of the screen when you search it. If you misspell though, I think right now you're SOL.
  32. well at least they won't let us use comic sans..... Vinnie would be upset, but thats okay.
  33. glad to see Shogo survived a week without the forums. I wonder what he did with all of his free time? build a model airplane? find the cure for cancer?
  34. I kind of liked how responses to one's comments were indented underneath the original post. It created more of a conversation instead of searching through pages of simultaneous conversations to see if anyone responded directly to you.
    beertunes likes this.
  35. beertunes

Ahh Ok, I was searching in the wrong places (story of my life really). Now if I can figure out how to keep the font I want....
  36. Keith238

Keith238 Savant (290) New Jersey Jul 31, 2007

I can't seem to find a way into my old profile. How did you do it?
  37. Photekut

Photekut Initiate (0) Tennessee Mar 31, 2006

Go to the old main page and search for yourself in the search field.
  38. Just go to beeradvocate.com and search your user name.
    DRGinLBC likes this.
  39. Keith238

Keith238 Savant (290) New Jersey Jul 31, 2007

Ahhh, never occurred to me. Thank you.

On a side note, I also miss the 'nesting' style of the old forum. I'd like to see that return if possible. It definitely makes 'conversations' easier to follow.
  40. Photekut

Photekut Initiate (0) Tennessee Mar 31, 2006