Welcome to the new BeerAdvocate Community!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by BeerAdvocate, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Keith238

Keith238 Savant (300) New Jersey Jul 31, 2007

I like that feature too. Looks like you typed your text in between my quoted text.
    Also liking the real time updating of message posts too.

2. Glad the forums are back up and running. Looking forward to having it all integrated with the site. Also glad that fellow BAs figured out that you could still locate your profile on the main site. Had a cpu crash since the site went out and haven't been able to recover my avatar image yet. Now I don't have to worry about it. :D

3. Retsinis

Retsinis Advocate (615) California Sep 25, 2009 Verified Subscriber

Larger Avatars is nice too, shows more details, since some were hard to determine what they were. :)

Since it seems the Avatar upload was very easy to do, I wonder if that will translate later to places & beers on the site? ;) I know I've had some images that I just gave up trying to get to the old site, even when the dimensions were right, and I got a preview image too.

4. Photekut

Photekut Advocate (655) Tennessee Mar 31, 2006

That is going to take some getting used to. One of the reasons I like BA more than RB actually. Posting to the forums WAS easier.

5. Seanibus

Seanibus Advocate (640) California Dec 6, 2004 Verified

Yes, this will take some getting used to, but as a refugee from a once-popular Movie-related forum where the owner didn't boldly change to meet demand and technology, I can say the Brothers are doing the right thing. This other forum died a lingering and embarrassing death as it became less and less functional and less and less relevant. So I will miss the old look, but long live the new look.

6. TongoRad

TongoRad Poobah (1,035) New Jersey Jun 3, 2004 Verified

Just testing the waters and offering well-wishes. Glad to see things up and running again!

7. shand

shand Advocate (705) Florida Jul 13, 2010 Verified

I suggested this forum software on Twitter so feel free to direct any rage directly to me. Seriously though, Xenforo is a great forums software, the bros made the right choice. Is there any chance we could get the Tapatalk plugin installed for easy mobile browsing?

8. This seems easy enough. Since emotions are available, I just have to use it :p.

9. Rollzroyce21

Rollzroyce21 Champion (860) California Oct 24, 2009 Verified

I... need... to see.. pics.. of other BA's beer hauls and cellars... stat!

10. BOBPINCH666

BOBPINCH666 Savant (345) New York Feb 21, 2011

Y U NO HAVE COMIC SANS??? :mad:

11. JoEBoBpr

JoEBoBpr Champion (770) Missouri Feb 26, 2004

I thought the exact same thing. I felt like I had found my life again. And now I lost it again. :)

12. Kinsman

Kinsman Advocate (650) California Aug 26, 2009 Verified

I like how you can click on 'members' up top and quickly see who the has the most posts. Makes it easier to see who really has too much time on their hands.

Spikester likes this.
  13. longingly hit f5 waiting for the site to re-load.

Retsinis and silentjay like this.
  14. D11

D11 Zealot (90) Texas Sep 9, 2011

cheers all
    make sure to drink some good beer while we're waiting :D

thanks for all the work youre doing to the site guys! :)

15. chuckycheese

chuckycheese Aficionado (180) Maine Feb 18, 2010

I just did and nothing comes up except my location, which provides no link to my profile. What am I doing wrong?

16. madawhy

madawhy Aficionado (105) New York Sep 30, 2011

When I search for myself I get that there is one result but yet its blank next to my state....?

17. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (645) Texas Nov 27, 2011 Verified

Same here

18. chuckycheese

chuckycheese Aficionado (180) Maine Feb 18, 2010

19. Google "yourname site:beeradvocate.com"

Also you can replace the last part of the URL with any user name.

20. How do we review or search to see other reviews? Computer illiterate going to take some time, but very happy you are back.

21. Dude, where's my beeradvocate?

22. GarthDanielson

GarthDanielson Champion (760) Virginia Nov 6, 2010 Verified

Yeah, this seems kind of cool. Going to take a while to get the hang of it, but it seems pretty slick.

23. So I have an hour to update beer reviews and the March Madness beer event details, and this is what I get. Sigh. Que Suerte.

24. InebriatedJoker

InebriatedJoker Champion (810) Ohio Sep 16, 2010

25. raffels

raffels Savant (300) West Virginia Dec 12, 2009

This is gonna be like kids in a candy store...

Confession: Just wanted to see if my avatar looked like shit blowing up.

26. beereality

beereality Aficionado (215) Illinois Mar 30, 2008 Subscriber

it will take a while to get used to. but I kind of like change, especially if its better and smarter

27. How come my avatar is gone? When the 'rebuild' thing got mentioned about our profile at the very end, does that mean our old profile got nuked? Is this why I have no pic? Ah, so many questions. So many colors to choose from.

28. DavoleBomb

DavoleBomb Advocate (625) Ohio Mar 29, 2008

Is it possible to change the white background to a shade of beige until things get worked out? My eyes hurt after just 1/2 hour of viewing.

29. InebriatedJoker

InebriatedJoker Champion (810) Ohio Sep 16, 2010

How do we sync our reviews ?

30. Help, I'm lost and I don't know where I am, jeez, this is like that Poltergeist movie

31. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,345) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002 Verified

Hello, hello, hello.

beertunes likes this.
  32. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,355) Washington Sep 24, 2007

I still can't get it to keep my font, size and color. I have to reset every time. Even if I misspell or forget to space, if I go back and insert the correction, it resets the font settings. What the bloody hell am I doing wrong?

33. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,355) Washington Sep 24, 2007

Hello to you too! Good to see ya again!

34. DavoleBomb

DavoleBomb Advocate (625) Ohio Mar 29, 2008

Avatar doesn't look so good all big like. Time to start thinking about a new one.

In any case, I wish the forums stayed down for another couple days. I have a huge test on Friday. Oh well. First world problems.

35. wingedeel

wingedeel Advocate (545) Indiana Nov 17, 2005 Verified

This will take some getting used to.

36. I can't wait to get started using, and getting used to this! Great job guys!

37. Ah fuck this, I'm gonna go drink some beer. I'll try this again another time. I feel like those old people trying to get the web camera to work. (Bangs head).

38. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

hmm. this is strange. good to see the forums back up, i'll have to spend some time looking through everything.

39. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,345) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002 Verified

Another cat avatar....cool.:)

40. kawilliams81

kawilliams81 Advocate (640) Illinois Feb 27, 2009 Verified