1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Welcome to the new BeerAdvocate Community!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by BeerAdvocate, Feb 22, 2012.

1. whoa, been poking around a bit. There's a ton of features here. Awesome stuff.

[​IMG]
  2. Many traders posted trader info on their profile. From that page one can copy and paste the info.
  3. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 24, 2007

Everythings not migrated over yet. Prolly take a while until things get settled.
  4. InebriatedJoker

InebriatedJoker Champion (800) Ohio Sep 16, 2010

Sweet!!!! I love it ~!
  5. So, this is just out of curiosity, but in the future, will the forums be in a space like the old forums with data accessible from the side bars, or is that no longer an option? Like when I go to BA.com, will my "beer mails" show up, or will I have to go to the forums to see those?

I know it may be a ways off, but it just seems like this is a whole different site, and BA is something I should have open in a separate tab.
  6. So this is more like Facebook, BA, and untapped all in one?
  7. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,125) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

Thank you very much. Likewise, I'm sure.;)

This "alert" thingy is very interesting.
  8. Any chance the location will return along with peoples' avatars? It was always nice to have that quick idea of where someone was writing from.
  9. How do I review a beer? Drinking Full Sail Extra Special Barney right now. . . malty orange and brown. . .
  10. Bros. are still working to bring this forum together with the rest of the site. No timetable yet (I don't think)
    beertunes likes this.
  11. It's like coming home again... I've been lost for a few days without the BA forums!
  12. OK thanks, feel better. I give this Full Sail ESB a solid B rating.
  13. brew3crew

brew3crew Savant (405) Ohio Jan 13, 2010

I just hope all my hard work and reviews are not lost. This is why I now review only on RB. Prove me wrong bros.
  14. Soneast

Soneast Savant (470) Wisconsin May 9, 2008

Whoa! Very different...and yet I see some advantages already. Just need some time to adjust.
  15. 4 3 3.5 3.5 3.5

A pretty good deal at $3.99 for 22oz.
  16. Tschnab

Tschnab Savant (365) New York Aug 21, 2010

I'm just glad to see BA back at all, can't wait til the site is running 100% again.
  17. OOOOh I hope Temple joins the Big East. Give me another reason to take a trip out to Philly. Monks Cafe, Independence Hall, Cheesesteaks, Troegs, Cole Hamels and Marquette thumping Temple! Make it happen!
  18. There is no way they are purging all their reviews. Those'll come online eventually, I'm sure.
    beertunes likes this.
  19. Todd

Todd Founder (1,410) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

20. How can I insert pictures into a thread that are on my hard drive? Do they have to upload from an internet source?
  21. Bitterbill

Yeah, use Photo Bucket or something like that but I, sorry, hope that the forums don't get flooded with pics and the site slows down because of it.
  22. sbvrt6913

sbvrt6913 Aficionado (100) Florida Feb 20, 2012

23. MajorBuckeye

MajorBuckeye Savant (280) Ohio Jan 8, 2012

24. I am currently outside but need to use the bathroom for #2. Can you please add a feature that makes this possible?

Thank you.
    Etan, pinkgrenade and beertunes like this.
  25. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (530) California Aug 11, 2007

I'm digging the site, and happy to be back posting here on BA. Can't wait for further improvements, so in the meantime, I guess I'll drink a beer.
  26. Todd

In-line pics are pulled from the servers hosting them, not ours.
  27. Bitterbill

Cool.
    I see you are member: 2. So, Jason beat you too it?:p
  28. Todd

Ha! He wishes. #1 is the BeerAdvocate account.
  29. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

Has it been mentioned yet that when you open a thread for the second time it takes you to where you left off?
  30. skivtjerry

skivtjerry Advocate (515) Vermont Mar 10, 2006

Bros.:

I'm liking the return of our forums. No complaints from me, the BA community can be pretty demanding for a bunch of freeloaders. All I will say is THANK YOU (and sympathies for the trauma; hope you are at least enjoying a few good beers during this ordeal).
  31. Bitterbill

I think it's cool to see the BA's member number when replying to a post. 708 thanks you.
  32. How come new beers keep popping up on the old beer advocate beer reviews page? What is the mystical secret path to continue reviewing beer at this time?
  33. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 24, 2007

Wait, what? I'm not seeing that. And this color doesn't work either.:eek:
  34. DavoleBomb

DavoleBomb Advocate (600) Ohio Mar 29, 2008

Now I feel like I'm late to the game as member 207,412.
  35. stevefinny

stevefinny Savant (345) New Jersey Aug 28, 2009

too many options. I need a beer.
  36. Eh, it's better than being member 628,182. :p
  37. MattyG85

MattyG85 Champion (770) Minnesota Aug 31, 2010

It will probably take me a bit to get used to this but its looking good so far. Hopefully we can review again by the weekend.
  38. Thanks for all your hard work, this must have been very stressful.