1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

West Coast beer help

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by Weter, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Weter

Weter Aficionado (155) Michigan Oct 24, 2011

Hey everyone --

I'm from Michigan, and I have a friend coming in from San Diego who offered to bring some beers with him. I've never had any of the RR beers before, so I'm asking him to bring any that he can find. Does anyone have any suggestions? I love sours, stouts, and IPAs.

2. Supplication and Temptation

3. banger1228

banger1228 Zealot (95) California Dec 18, 2010

for ipas he should bring in alpine nelson, duet, and pure hopiness since he is coming from sd. Also he should bring ballas point sculpin ipa.

jrnyc likes this.
  4. If you like Sours, I love Consecration!

5. DougOLis

DougOLis Savant (275) California Aug 15, 2008

For what he could probably find in bottles and aren't super rare:

Sour: Russian River Consecration, RR Supplication, RR Temptation (probably that order of preference), Lost Abbey Red Poppy, Lost Abbey Framboise de Amorosa

IPA: Alpine Duet, Alpine Nelson, Alpine Pure Hoppiness, Russian River Pliny the Elder, Russian River Blind Pig, Ballast Point Sculpin, Port Mongo, Port Hop-15, Port Wipeout, Firestone Walker Double Jack, Green Flash Le Freak (belgianish IPA), Green Flash West Coast, GF Palate Wrecker, Alesmith IPA, Alesmith Yulesmith (though maybe not since it'd be the winter version)

Stout: Ballast Point Victory at Sea (Imperial Porter), Alesmith Speedway Stout, Stone Imperial Russian Stout, Green Flash Double Stout

Weter and jrnyc like this.
  6. Weter

Weter Aficionado (155) Michigan Oct 24, 2011

Awesome - this is exactly the input I was looking for. Can't wait to try the RRs

7. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (630) New York Mar 21, 2010

Great list of beers, for me it would be:

Nelson, Pure Hoppiness
    Sculpin, Victory At Sea
    Green Flash West Coast IPA
    and of course you have to try PTE, but I much prefer it on tap.

Weter likes this.
  8. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

Like your avatar! Good friend of mine drew it!

9. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

sanctification just recently hit shelves in San Diego, this one of my favorites from RR. I highly recommend him getting some, though it might not be as easy to find as the others.

10. Have him bring a keg of Pliny.