1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Westbrook In Birmingham

Discussion in 'US - South' started by xxcarpxx, Jun 11, 2012.

1. xxcarpxx

xxcarpxx Initiate (0) Alabama Jan 13, 2011

I was at Highland Package a few days ago and noticed two new cans. White Thai and India Pale Ale from Westbrook. So,, Alabama is now getting Westbrook. Just spreading the word. Hopefully we'll get more of their brews in the future.
    Cheers Jamie C

2. freduardo

freduardo Savant (400) Alabama Feb 19, 2007

i have heard we will start getting some of their 22oz stuff on aug. 1 as well. so far i have been impressed with all their beer.

3. drfabulous

drfabulous Savant (260) Kentucky Jul 23, 2005

Alabama is attracting some nice beer. The Westbrooks I had recently were all excellent. And you are getting Oskar Blues. Why aren't the Kentucky distributors getting in on all of this?

4. xxcarpxx

I was hoping this was a sign of things to come..the first movement of new brewerys coming in with big bottles..

I have been hearing Oskar Blues was coming for awhile..Free The Hops are definitely moving Alabama in the right direction ..

5. StuartCarter

StuartCarter Savant (475) Alabama Apr 25, 2006

Oskar Blues 100% confirmed. We should have them in time for 4th July :)

xxcarpxx likes this.
  6. I'm an SC native and travel back there several times a year to visit family. Every time I have gone back in the last year or so, Westbrook has been #1 on my radar, despite having access to better known breweries/brands. Everything that I've had from them has been great. Their barrel-treatment projects are top notch and they are starting to push the envelope in ways that few east coast breweries do right now. Unfortunately, their anniversary beer has come and gone, but it was fantastic. Check them out, you certainly won't be disappointed. And this is one more reason for me to visit Alabama every chance I get.

- Jealous in Mississippi :(

7. i have the three wine barrel trippels from Westbrook and they are awesome. I had the Malbec and it was REALLY good.

8. we just had another shipment of white thai and ipa cans go out to you guys along with some sixtels. still no bottles. i have no idea when or what gets shipped to you. edward gives us orders to put together and we do it so i have no clue when you are getting what, wish i knew more. just know another round of cans are headed your way along with some kegs.

mike

9. xxcarpxx

Great news Mike...looking forward to more IPA.. hopefully in August we'll get more bottle offerings ..

analienacorn likes this.
  10. The ipa was canned this past Sunday and went out tuesday so should be super fresh :)

11. It is here and it is delicious! As always!

12. Westbrook IPA is delicious!

analienacorn likes this.
  13. I hope he is saving some Brett & No Mices for us!