1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Western Surburbs - IL

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by DBCOACHEMUP, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Haven't been on here that long, and I wanted to say "hello" to all the fellow BA members in my area. I would love to get to know others in area. Get-togethers, bar events, trading, home brews, tips for places in the area, etc.

Look forward to hearing from any/all of you!

Post...and Cheers

2. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Advocate (640) Illinois Nov 26, 2011

Welcome to the west!!!! Elgin/St Charles area here, always looking for good tastings and people local to swap with.

3. One person, really...

4. Nachos4two

What am I? Dirt:) Just kidding

pschul4 likes this.
  5. pschul4

pschul4 Advocate (635) Illinois Jan 7, 2011

My family lives in North Aurora but I'm in Chicago most of the time for school and work. If you guys have a big tasting or something sometime let me know and I'll try and make it home with some goodies

6. Brookfield here, beer guy at Mainstreet in Countryside. Welcome!

7. Mainstreet in Countryside is great from what I understand! My girlfriend has done liquor promotions there before.

8. Hah! Didn't mean it like that, just couldn't believe the one response.

9. Thanks! We do our best. I try to keep BA friends aware of stuff we're getting in and interesting stuff we're not out of yet (Firestone Walker XV stuck around for about 5 months, as well as the fact that we still have about 4 bottles of Lolita that no one's taken).

10. makdeco

makdeco Savant (325) Illinois Jan 31, 2007

good to know I work in the Hinsdale and Willowbrook area always looking for that smaller store to give my money too

gigaknight likes this.
  11. Aurora here. I am in the stc area quite often visiting the in laws.

12. (In response to your Avatar) What did you think of the Walking Dead episode last night?

13. ChadQuest

ChadQuest Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 4, 2009

Plano for sleeping, Dekalb for Working.

So, west of the western burbs, but i ride my bike into as far east as Wheaton rather commonly, so things are game.

14. rmalinowski4

rmalinowski4 Savant (350) Illinois Oct 22, 2010

I get out to the western burbs some, welcome.

15. stevegoz

stevegoz Savant (325) Illinois May 5, 2008

Downers Grove here. Main Street is definitely on my list of good stores within a reasonable drive.

C2H5 and gigaknight like this.
  16. There are a LOT of active western 'burbs BA's. I lived in Willowbrook when I first moved to the area and got to meet a lot of awesome people whom I still drink with on a regular basis.

If you haven't gone, DEFINITELY go to Bavarian Lodge in Lisle - I'd definitely put this in the top tier of beer bars in the Chicago area. Brixie's in Brookfield is also solid for great taps at good prices.

17. Out in Minooka, would also be down if there's ever a tasting in the west burbs in the future.

18. vic21234

vic21234 Savant (265) Illinois Jan 25, 2009

Schaumburg here. And as listed above, check out Bavarian Lodge...awesome place for some good beers.

gigaknight likes this.
  19. SpdKilz

SpdKilz Advocate (730) Illinois Jan 8, 2009

Wheaton here. Woot woot.

20. thewizzard

thewizzard Zealot (75) Illinois Nov 5, 2008

Checking in from Countryside.

21. SchuStar

SchuStar Savant (305) Illinois Mar 21, 2011

Downers Grove right here. Tap House Grill in Westmont has a good selection also.

C2H5, DBCOACHEMUP and gigaknight like this.
  22. C2H5

C2H5 Savant (445) Illinois Jan 7, 2012

Lots of Downers Grove representation, no wonder everything sells out around here so fast!

23. Orchids

Orchids Aficionado (220) Illinois Feb 7, 2010

Naperville here. Take a drive out to Villa Park and check out Lunar.

24. Treebs

Treebs Initiate (0) Illinois Apr 18, 2011

Dual citizenship in Mount Prospect and LaGrange Park. Work in Oak Brook. Welcome to the area!

25. drewba

drewba Savant (375) Illinois Nov 14, 2009

Nappyville.

a/s/l?

26. SpdKilz

I believe it is called Naperthrill, come on now.

DBCOACHEMUP likes this.
  27. drewba

drewba Savant (375) Illinois Nov 14, 2009

Protip: look at my location. Also, Wheaton? I went to high school in that god fearing town. W Town OG, represent!

28. SpdKilz

Hahaha, didn't see that before.

And yeah...Wheaton...a church on every block. I think we even have churches inside of churches. Woot!

MarkIntihar likes this.
  29. timmi

timmi Aficionado (115) Illinois Oct 13, 2007

I went to high school in Wheaton as well. In Carol Stream now.

30. mm2112

mm2112 Aficionado (130) Illinois Jun 16, 2010

Oswego here

31. makdeco

makdeco Savant (325) Illinois Jan 31, 2007

Are we neighbors?

32. Nachos4two

Wow this threading is exploding now...:D

33. Much appreciated! We're finally getting into beer tastings now as well, our next one will be an IPA tasting on the 3rd or 4th Saturday in April. I'll post more in my feed when April rolls around.

34. One of the best/most reasonably priced options in the area, IMHO. And those burgers...

SchuStar likes this.
  35. birchholz

birchholz Savant (280) Illinois Jul 21, 2010

I'm in Oak Lawn, which is more south than west, but I get up that way fairly regularly.

36. A place I rarely see mentioned around here is Cigars and Stripes in Berywn (on Ogden just East of Oak Park Ave). They have the most unspeakably good smoked wings, rib tips, and chili (they smoke everything themselves in a behemoth of a cooker out back), and I think around 10 consistently rotating taps of really solid and varied beers. The owner is a real character, he decked the place out in horror memorabilia, distasteful kitsch and beer signs, and they have a projection screen behind the bar on which they show horror flicks, weekly Walking Dead episodes, and other equally cool shit. Definitely worth a visit.

C2H5 likes this.
  37. willseph

willseph Initiate (0) Illinois Jan 31, 2011

I don't even know if Huntley is considered a suburb, but I'll be moving there from the city in a few months. H-town represent.

38. Nachos4two

It is a burb :). But so far west it might not feel like it.

39. Redrover

Redrover Champion (775) Illinois Jan 18, 2003

Elmhurst here. We are so overdue for an outing!

Lunar maybe?

40. Grohnke

Grohnke Savant (395) Illinois Sep 15, 2009

work in oak brook, hollar