1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Westside Dayman sightings?

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by hopsputin, Mar 20, 2013.

1. MacNCheese

MacNCheese Member

Bottle Craft got it yesterday and it sold out same day. Doh...I was even debating on walking over at lunch.
  2. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Member

Total Wine Northridge has them. $5.99 a bottle, limit 1 per customer. They are in the walk-in cooler.
  3. 395er

395er Member

$5.99 per bottle at Santa Fe Liquor in Encinitas. Hadn't been in before, they have a good selection and good prices. Ballast Dorado was $7.99.
  4. grandmeaulnes

grandmeaulnes Member

Drank one last night - really enjoyed it. Was everything Mikkeller Koppi isn't.
  5. aztec87

aztec87 Member

like this a lottttt. my favorite gross liquor store, pacific liquor, has maybe like 3 left.
  6. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Member

I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm a bit taken back at how quickly this is flying off shelves.
  7. sandiego67

sandiego67 Member

Does anyone know why the are packaging this in 22 oz bottles? Most (all?) of their other collaborations were 12 oz bottles.
  8. Xul

Xul Member

Combine the fact that Stone has broad popularity in the greater craft scene with the fact that Enjoy By has been flying off the shelves, the fact that some of Stone's collaborations move rather quickly, and the fact that rumors of absurdly low bottles count for this are floating around, and you end up with people buying up what they can.
  9. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Member

Yeah, I have no idea how that whole 100 cases rumor started. There's no way this is that limited. And yet the other collaborations besides Mint Chocolate Porter didn't seem to move off the shelf this quickly.
  10. sandiego67

sandiego67 Member

There is still a bunch of TBA, Perfect Crime, Citruce? and maybe Saison du Buff floating around on random shelves. It is blocking the VE 12.12.12.
  11. ryno09

ryno09 Member

All collab beers are going to come in bombers now.
    JustXBeer likes this.
  12. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Member

Let's see. $2.99 for 12oz vs 22oz for around $5.99

THEY'RE RIPPING US OFF BY A PENNY, GUYS! YARGH, DOWN WITH BOMBERS!
    DrAwkward82 likes this.
  13. besaunders

besaunders Member

I am confused by your math.
  14. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Member

Interesting beer but ultimately didnt work for me.
  15. Uncle_Tom

Uncle_Tom Member

He is saying that by buying a bomber we get ripped of by 1 cent. 2x12oz @ 2.99 = $5.98 1x22oz = $5.99 ($5.99-$5.98 = .01)
  16. PlinyTheYoungest

PlinyTheYoungest Member

Except two 12oz bottles is equal to 24 ounces. So if you got two 12oz bottles for $2.99 a piece you'd actually get two more ounces for a penny less.
    joshbhs04 and jaylib like this.
  17. JasonFromLA

JasonFromLA Member

This beer is going FAST. Mint Chocolate hype or what?
  18. APreacher

APreacher Member

Mint choc STOUT mucked up the conicals, limited product resulted.

Having dayman tonight for first time, seemed like a toned down enjoi by with a nice/light coffee nose and flavor. Not coffee overdone, well balanced.
    JasonFromLA likes this.
  19. EdTheEdge

EdTheEdge Member

This is happening more and more.... I was told at a liquor store that Lagunitas only made 80 cases of Sucks.
    grandmachine likes this.
  20. HopHead84

HopHead84 Member

Algebra :(
    grandmachine likes this.
  21. PeterJ

PeterJ Member

Some of that BS comes from salesmen lying to flatter a store. And sometimes it's misunderstanding. And sometimes outright lying.
    albertq17 likes this.
  22. dcgunman

dcgunman Member

Is this available in 12 oz bottles too? I just saw the bombers.
  23. tyrsis

tyrsis Member

All collaborations this year will be 22oz.
    dcgunman likes this.
  24. besaunders

besaunders Member

Found at my local Bevmo.

Sort of blandish on the IPA end - wish there was more IPAness to balance it out.
  25. MacNCheese

MacNCheese Member

While I like coffee porters/stouts, haven't had a light bodied beer yet w/ coffee I enjoyed. This was no exception.

Gross.
  26. besaunders

besaunders Member

Have you tried the Grazias Induresco at Hess? For a "cream ale", I really like the Grazias, but I found the Induresco (which many people like) almost disgusting.

I almost liked the Dayman. If the underlying IPA had more of a hop explosion, it would have been more interesting.
  27. MacNCheese

MacNCheese Member

I went to Hess once, for their 1 yr anni party. I honestly couldn't tell you what I had, the naming is bizzare and the beer was too green. It garnered a 'meh' from me. I'll wait 6 months after their big boy brewery is set up before I return.
  28. tyrsis

tyrsis Member

I'm pretty convinced you don't like beer at all.
    ryno09, stillmatic and domtronzero like this.
  29. MacNCheese

MacNCheese Member

FIFY, but there are exceptions.
  30. SanFranJake

SanFranJake Member

Bay Area sightings?
  31. CommanderOfAwesome

CommanderOfAwesome Member

None in the east bay, stopped by Beer Rev and BevMo in Oakland on my lunch. None had it/knew when it was coming in. East Bay seems to be getting shit late recently. Sucaba didn't hit East Bay until over 2 weeks after SF.
  32. SanFranJake

SanFranJake Member

Keep an eye out for me man...potential trade bait. :)
  33. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Member

Really didn't think I'd like this. To my surprise I did not hate the combination of coffee and hops. I thought the components were done in a balanced way so that to not make it objectionable. While the flavors didn't seem all that melded together I rather enjoyed drinking this. Not going to run out for another one but good stuff i thought.
  34. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Member

I thought this was a fantastic beer. One of the best collaborations they have put out in my opinion.
  35. corby112

corby112 Member

This beer is very difficult to find in the SD area right now. All of the bottle shops I've been to are sold out. We went to Stone last night and the draft is all gone(at least for now) and the store is also out of bottles. There was a case limit and they sold out quickly. We were able to order a bottle for our table during dinner.
  36. Black_Rider

Black_Rider Member

wanted to like this but it really didn't work for me. it's like someone poured an iced coffee into an Enjoy By

i have 2 more bottles if anyone is interested :)
  37. grandmachine

grandmachine Member

Anyone know if any stores in the LA area still have some in stock? My friend really likes this beer and wants to get a few bottles.
  38. Black_Rider

Black_Rider Member

i just saw it at BevMo on La Cienega. quite a bit of it in the fridge and on shelf

saw it last weekend at Beverage Warehouse in Marina Del Ray. they had a few cases so I doubt they're out, but you never know
  39. hopsputin

hopsputin Member

Was at the warehouse yesterday, didn't see any
  40. EdTheEdge

EdTheEdge Member

I picked up 2 bottles at the BevMo on PCH in Torrance on Friday....