1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Westy 12 distribution?

Discussion in 'Benelux' started by ChanceK, Jun 17, 2013.

1. ChanceK

ChanceK Initiate (0) Texas Feb 13, 2012

Maybe stupid question, but do they distribute all over Europe? Going on a trip and wondering if I should even bother looking for it. If they do distribute, what countries get some?

Thanks

2. Vitacca

Vitacca Advocate (545) Montana Sep 15, 2010

Belgium and Belgium...and the bar across the street from Belgium.

3. ChanceK

ChanceK Initiate (0) Texas Feb 13, 2012

Well that's easy enough. Bummer, but thanks for the info.

4. drtth

drtth Champion (870) Pennsylvania Nov 25, 2007

They don't distribute.

You place an advance order at the Monastery and then drive in on the date and time and they sell you the crate(s) you were able to order. Usually the number of crates are limited per customer. They also ask you to sign for them and there is an agreement that you won't resell them. At In de Vrede you can buy bottles over the counter from what they have in stock. Finding it any place else is luck of the draw and the bottle is being sold to you on the "gray" market in that you are buying it from someone who bought it at the Monastery and signed the pledge not to re-sell it.

northside likes this.
  5. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Savant (335) Colorado May 31, 2011

I have a friend who goes to Brussels occasionally for business, and he's picked up 4-packs at a liquor store there. I think he said it was next to the Radisson, or maybe the Ramada. They don't have it everytime, but it sounds like it's easier to get than Pliny.

6. Let me know where and when you will be in Belgium and i will make sure you will get some for a very decent price. I can ship them to your hotel!

7. I have purchases bottles in Rome before. From what I can gather, that wasn't a legal transaction.

8. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (915) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

Just a shoutout to Thijs for sending me a box to me while we were in Belgium. It allowed me to stay in Brussels and focus on enjoying the beer & excellent food (aka a true vacation) rather than obsessing about acquiring beer!