1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Westy 12 in Dublin

Discussion in 'UK & Ireland' started by gtermi, Nov 22, 2012.

1. gtermi

gtermi Champion (750) Texas Apr 21, 2010

I am heading to Dublin in March and was wondering if there was a place to get this here. Also any good suggestion on beers to try in Ireland? Thanks!

2. I know Deveney's of Dundrum had some of the gift boxes about a year ago... i doubt if they still have them though...

Their blog is here - http://deveneysbeer.blogspot.co.uk/

These guys also had some - http://www.drinkstore.ie/

3. There won't be Westy's in Dublin i guess.....shoot me a mail because i could ship some from Holland to Dublin.

Thijs

4. mtbdonn

mtbdonn Savant (400) Colorado Dec 15, 2009

You need to hit the Porterhouse Brewery while in Dublin. The pub is just at the west end of the Temple Bar area. If you like a good B.A. stout, they have a B.A. Celebration stout that is excellent! It is very limited and they don't advertise it, but if you ask they will serve you one :D Most of them are very knowledgeable about their brews also.
    Cheers!

5. Graeme24

Graeme24 Savant (260) Ireland Dec 16, 2008

I am heading to Dublin in March and was wondering if there was a place to get this here. Also any good suggestion on beers to try in Ireland? Thanks!

gtermi - There is no shortage of Westy 12 in Dublin. In fact I was recently told in one of my go to beer stores that they had 'loads' of it. Seemingly they are not shifting it. This store is a chain and has two stores on the north side of the city. I was there at the weekend and saw some. They are still advertising it heavily. I know the guys very well. If you like I can have them put some by for you if you're worried about it going out of stock between here and then. The addresses are below. They are not terribly out of the way. A 20 minute or so journey by bus or rail and a ten minute or so walk. I'd be happy to meet you for a beer and take you there from the city.

Graeme

Addresses: McHughs off licence - 57 Kilbarrack Rd, Dublin, Co. Dublin & 25E Malahide Rd, Dublin, Co. Dublin.

6. JohnfromDublin

JohnfromDublin Savant (480) Ireland May 11, 2004

I saw some in Redmonds of Ranelagh just last week; some of those leftover "bricks". There was an initial surge of interest, but that passed!

7. How much?

8. Fifty euro, from what I remember.

9. JohnfromDublin

JohnfromDublin Savant (480) Ireland May 11, 2004

50€ indeed. Price set by the brewery.

10. bump.

Any chance any of this is still floating around Dublin?