Weyerbacher Riserva Release Event Sat. March 23

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by mmbrewer, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Please stop by Weyerbacher Brewery Sat Mar 23, special hours:10am to 330 pm for our Riserva 2012 Release Event. Also releasing Zulu at same event and Heresy will be available as well. You can also check out our brand new brewery addition and yak with some brewers as well! Cheers!

Dan Weyerbacher

juliusseizure and phooky like this.
  2. ShanePB

ShanePB Champion (990) Pennsylvania Sep 6, 2010 Verified

Dan, what's the price per bottle of Riserva at the brewery?

3. shadowane

shadowane Savant (300) Pennsylvania Sep 7, 2007 Verified

I'm about 90% committed to coming and arriving around 11. Won't stay super long, but I'll have some sort of baked good since, well, it's kind of a tradition now.

4. Awesome. Baked goods are awesome.

5. Hey Shane! It'll be $17 / bottle for Riserva just as it is for Sour Black, which we still have a little bit of....

6. Little bump here. Hope to see you Saturday!

7. I was there last Saturday and let me say for the record - Sour Black is delicious! Picked up 6 and cant keep my hands off of it - 4 left. :(

Ford42 and jwat like this.
  8. jwat

jwat Savant (495) Pennsylvania Jan 19, 2012 Subscriber

Agreed, Sour Black is awesome. Perfect hint of wine, nice chocolate flavor, and just sour enough.

Ford42 likes this.
  9. Timmush

Timmush Savant (350) New Jersey Jan 5, 2008

Can we by individual bottles now or is it still case only?

10. DaGrizz

DaGrizz Savant (260) New Jersey Feb 22, 2012

Yes, individual bottles can be bought.

Timmush likes this.
  11. crap. i want some more sour black.
    anyone heading up from the havertown area? ;)

12. Timmush

I'm probably going if you can't get anyone local to you to pick it up.

13. oh i might not have done a good job posing that question correctly. anyone driving up from the havertown area have an extra seat for me if i throw in some gas money? =D

thanks for having my back, though.

14. Sour Black is still available, but this is the very, very last of it. Fans shouldn't wait long as it is really getting low on supply which makes me very, very sad because it is my beer of choice when giving tours at Weyerbacher! It's one of the lowest ABV beers we have!

15. DaGrizz

Can we assume that Zulu is 'close' to a Berliner Weiss?

16. Is this batch going to be of the super sour variety or more like 2011?

17. DaGrizz

Is Zulu going to be 37 a case?

18. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

Sounds like it:

Zulu, 3.7% ABV, is an “Eastoner Weisse”; a wheat ale that has a satisfying lactic sourness that was crafted in Easton, PA. A simple malt combination of Pilsner and Wheat fermented with both brewer’s yeast and lactic acid-producing microorganisms gives rise to a beer that is pale yellow, surprisingly complex, and dangerously refreshing.

Didn't realize this was coming out - now I'd like to get out and pick some of this up.

19. DaGrizz

Yea, I read the description. Think I'm gonna pass on Voodoo and hit up Weyerbacher. Gonna grab a case or two of Zulu. I love me some Berliner's....

Between 2 cases of Zulu and a 1/2 a case of Riserva I'll still be under what 12 beers at voodoo will cost and I'm not too big on Stouts right now

xnicknj likes this.
  20. Timmush

I'll be there at 10 with some interesting bottles to share in the parking lot

21. DaGrizz

Whatcha thinking about bringing? Look at my cellar; let me know what you haven't had/want to try again. Link is in my profile.

22. nrs207

nrs207 Advocate (705) Pennsylvania Sep 8, 2011 Verified

I'll be getting there around 10 as well. Not sure what I have to bring though hmm.

23. Timmush

Think I am bringing a growler of New England Brewing company Supernaught IPA and Coup Beans so I'll have a lot of ounces if anyone wants to try.

24. Official: Beers available for sampling for the Riserva Release Event on Saturday:
    Riserva, Zulu, Tiny, Heresy and all 6 year 'round beers (Blithering Idiot, Old Heathen, Merry Monks, Verboten, Last Chance IPA and Double Simcoe IPA). That's 10 beers to sample... nooooot bad!

25. nrs207

Definitely looking forward to Riserva, Zulu, and Heresy. But the whole lineup is solid.

26. Timmush

I wish someone had tried the zulu before to hear their comments.

27. damn i dont know how i can possibly swing this but im gonna try

28. Timmush

You can do it!

DaGrizz likes this.
  29. Is there usually a big line for this event? You guys are talking about getting there at 10 so I'm assuming it's not gonna be too crazy. I'm down to bring some bottles too!

30. Timmush

Shouldn't be bad. Riserva is on the shelves so shouldn't be too bad of a line

31. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

You should be able to walk in at any point throughout the day and get whatever you want. I would imagine Riserva and Zulu will be available at the brewery for weeks (if not months).

32. shadowane

shadowane Savant (300) Pennsylvania Sep 7, 2007 Verified

I think my wife and I are arriving around 11:30 or so depending on traffic / travel time. You won't be able to miss us since I'll have some chocolate cookies and my wife is pregnant. The cookies are pretty awesome as long as you aren't allergic to pecans.

corby112 and iL0VEbeer like this.
  33. Nice. I just wanna get there early so I don't miss out on the Sour Black bottles. I haven't tried it yet.

34. nrs207

I doubt they'll have samples, but I plan on bringing a bottle to share and ill be there at 10.

iL0VEbeer likes this.
  35. ShanePB

ShanePB Champion (990) Pennsylvania Sep 6, 2010 Verified

I can attest his baked goods are the shit.

Correct, no samples on Sour Black.

36. JFryauff

JFryauff Zealot (90) Pennsylvania Jun 30, 2011

No Sunday Morning Stout then? ;)

37. DaGrizz

Anyone know a price on the cases of Zulu?

38. paulys55

paulys55 Advocate (725) Pennsylvania Aug 2, 2010 Verified

I may be late for work because of this:)

39. phooky

phooky Savant (455) New York Jan 23, 2010

I see many people saying it's still on shelves in many places..
    Anyone know if it's on shelves anywhere in Brooklyn?