1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What are we drinking this weekend?

Discussion in 'UK & Ireland' started by CwrwAmByth, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's the weekend, discuss the Uk and Ireland related beer you may be drinking!

Dead Pony Club found in Sainsburys and Maldon Hotel Porter

2. Had a Buxton Black Rocks last night

MagillaGriller likes this.
  3. I got someone pick me up a bottle of Dead Pony club which will come into play at some point this weekend

Off to Egham BF day II in 2 hours

60 ish beers from largely new breweries

4. Dennoman

Dennoman Advocate (505) Belgium Aug 20, 2011

Just popped my Rodenbach Caractère Rouge in the fridge to enjoy later tonight. That'll do us :D

MagillaGriller, Ruds and jazzyjeff13 like this.
  5. still at work, but got a few bottles of Southwold Blonde and Summer IPA from M&S. M&S is fast becoming one of my most frequent stops for beer now.

6. After a big seafood lunch and a bottle of Chablis I felt thirsty so settled for Adnams bitter-so fresh it was like chewing a hop cone,just as good as it gets.
    This evening I walked over to Overstrand and am drinking Wolf Brewery's Lupus Lupus. It's as pale as a pathological specimen but nicel flavoured with fruity hop varieties.Might risk another....

7. About to tuck into a bomber of Alesmith Extra Pale Ale as the kids watch
    Aliens in the Attic for the 100th time . Will definitely help with the pain.

BillieWest likes this.
  8. Dead Pony Club is ok, but as usual for these brewers it's nothing special or impressive. I'd say nicer things if you got a decent serving in a bottle and it was a bit cheaper though, as it got quite quaffable as it warmed up slightly, but by that time it was gone.

Now on to one of the blackest porters i've ever seen.
    And after a big gulp I now have a new favourite porter. Quite sessionable if I could find it anywhere.
    Is it just me or is the Summer IPA not as good as it was last year?
    I loved the Blonde though.

9. I'll have a corked bottle of La Chouffe clone when I get home,,,,,,will also have to pick some up some other brews at the store for I am running out of home made stuff.

10. Wasn't keen on Dead Pony Club. Adnams Summer IPA good, Blonde possibly a shade better.

Bombers of Punk are the order of the evening chez Scoop Towers.

Zimbo likes this.
  11. My long planned 'beer-off' between Jever and Pilsner Urquell will be kicking off soon. Might have to follow it with something a little more potent too. BTW, the AleSmith Extra Pale Ale was pretty fine. Pretty fine indeed.

12. Just realised that I need to revamp my avatar. Bigger bottle, bigger makeup, bigger hair...

13. Yes! You know it makes sense. Can you do it in 3D?

14. Farewell and adieu to my dear boozy BAs.

15. Summer IPA seems as good as before IMO. The blonde is also excellent- regret not getting another in my 6 for 5deal.

16. I can do it on the moon & in the jungle too ;-)

Swerving un-nervingly onto topic - coz I know Todd loves us being on topic - these bombers of Punk are going down faster than a cloud of Heinkels over the Kentish coast.

Zimbo likes this.
  17. I'm chilling a Timothy Taylor Landlord pale ale as I type.......hope its a good one, I've never had it before

18. i like it in the bottle, but it's NOTHING compared to cask. (As you'd probably guess) Enjoy!

19. I actually think the Adnams Summer IPA might be the best IPA available in an English supermarket. Any challengers for the title?

20. Hmmm. English market, eh?

21. Anyone still up over the pond? looks like its about 437am over there........I'll stay up for one more if someone will join me......we can push on till dawn..........which will be in about an hour for you guys.....

22. St. Austell Proper Job was the best for me.

23. The 'beer off' was a flaccid squid firing blanks. Thank god I had the AleSmith earlier on or the evening would have been a total bust.

24. Pint of Wherry at the Hoste Arms in Burnham Market. Nicely on song but it was only the one as I'm the designated driver.On a red hot day too !

25. Just got back to South Korea after a 10 day boozefest in Britain and I'm confined to Weihenstephaner and Schneider Weisse, which is better than can be expected in such a beer desert, so I'm on the Vitus and Tap 6. After a few weeks I'll be gagging for some hops though. I've also had a bottle of Chimay Triple which I brought over with me.

26. Dennoman

Ohh anyong haseiyo!

Hoppsbabo likes this.
  27. After last night disaserous pilsner piss take its round 2 tonight with Konig up against Rothaus Pilsner. Gotta be better tonight.

28. Last night saw me attending the York Mystery plays in the museum gardens in York - a most impressive performance. I did have the chance to quaff something while there - The York brewery have knocked out GabriAle, presumably in support of the plays (they have a working relationship with the York Theatre Royal). Not sure I love the name, and the beer was rather samey - all their lighter ales seem to taste identical. Oh well.

Am currently drinking a Pilsner from the Hop Studio, York's newest brewery. It'as actually a solid effort....

29. I've never had Konig, but my money's on Rothaus - it's a great brew!

30. L
    Love it there. That neck-end of Norfolk is full of great pubs. I've had weeks down there living on Wherry & Adnams Bitter.

31. After a glorious post-match session of keg Jaipur, it's now Adnams Summer Beer / IPA. Burp.

32. Polished off a Naylor's Cravenbrau, and have now cracked a Wildeman Farmhouse IPA (in honour of Amsterdam)....

33. Great Divide's Smoked Baltic Porter. It's a big beer....

34. And to finish - Gonzo!

35. Good gawd jazzy, you are some machine. No updates from me until later today.

jazzyjeff13 likes this.
  36. Dennoman

Had the Caractère Rouge yesterday. Pure essence of berries and summer, simply beautiful.

Ruds likes this.
  37. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,145) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

I'm going to open my Surly SŸX. 14.5%abv, oh my.

CheezyBlaster and Ruds like this.
  38. Red hot again so once more left my wife on the beach for a foray. The Red Lion has 5 Winter's Brewery ales plus Adnam's. I once again had the delectable mild ; when I remarked to the barmaid that I love dark beers a sample if Geniuss immediately appeared. A touch stronger,drier and roastier than the mild so a pint went down nicely. Now a sit down at the local cricket ground to watch the only game which should be allowed in summer.

39. Cask Cairngorm Highland IPA. Mmm.

40. A bottle of Rhone between us at dinner then I set off through the wild woods to Overstrand.This time it's West Berkshire Brewery's Mr Chubb's Lunchtime Bitter , refreshing at 3.7% ABV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.