1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What are we drinking this weekend?

Discussion in 'UK & Ireland' started by CwrwAmByth, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuller's London Porter, because I'm worth it.
    Bitterbill likes this.
  2. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,125) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

You sound like a L'Oreal commercial but I can't deny that the London Porter's top notch.
    EmperorBevis likes this.
  3. Budweiser Dark (the Czech one).
  4. soughtbygod

soughtbygod Savant (260) California Apr 27, 2011

tonight i will be having surly wet, dirty hippy from kern river, and tap it IPA from tap it brewery in SLO CA, sounds like a good hoppy line up, although i could go with shipyard pumpkinhead and terrapin pumpkinfest hmmmm choices, oooo i also have some white oak jalai ai, what to do what to do
  5. William Bros' Prodigal Sun - one of the Sainsbury's Beer Hunt beers. No showstopper, but quite tasty.
  6. Alrighty, I've finished a De Struise Svea IPA and Stone's Ruination IPA.....quality brews.

Finishing off with Tesco's Traditional Porter (Old Engine Oil).....
  7. johzac

johzac Aficionado (100) Colorado Nov 20, 2011

Arrogant Bastard bomber to go along with deep dish pizza. Maybe crack a homebrew pumpkin or a homebrew rye stout after that, we'll see.
  8. Afternoon pick me up of Little Beer Co's - Little Smooth a Californian Common.
    Decent dop and hurrah for another British brewer who doesn't stick to the stock 3.8% bitter, 4.2% best bitter and a mild or a stout!
  9. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,125) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

Rogue Double Chocolate Stout. Rogue doesn't get a lot of love but they sure do a bang up job when it comes to using chocolate..
    MagillaGriller likes this.
  10. MagillaGriller

MagillaGriller Savant (315) Aug 20, 2012

4d even....requires rosé colored 3d glasses
  11. Yep, pretty much tried the lot. Notes among a whole host of others I''ve still yet to post. Knops beers are pretty good when uber fresh.
  12. Laverstoke organic real lager and Wychwoods Pumpking.
  13. Hoptometrist

Hoptometrist Savant (405) Ohio Mar 19, 2011

A growler of a new dry-hopped pale ale from Oakshire called Revolutionale, this is the closest tasting beer to Zombie Dust that I have ever had. Great use of Citra, Simcoe, and some other great hops.
  14. SeaOfShells

SeaOfShells Savant (350) California Feb 22, 2011

Last night I had a Logsdon Seizoen Bretta, Double DBA, Ballast Point Dorado, Dark Horse Plead the Fifth, and a 2011 Rumpkin. All shared of course. I feel strange today.
  15. Zimbo likes this.
  16. Brakspeare's Double Drop Bitter - a decent cheap brew.
  17. Something-or-other by Naylors, and now a rum IPA from Arbor ales - tasty.....
  18. Finishing up with Kernel's Imperial Brown Stout 1856 - yeah!!!!

Bring on Monday :D
    Ruds likes this.
  19. best till last!
  20. Still recovering from IndyManBeerCon and the surreal experience of running a bar with Kjetil (Nøgne Ø), James & Andy (Summer Wine) and Rich & Stuart (Magic Rock). Even moreso when the customers included James (Brewdog), Evin (Kernel) and Dom (Thornbridge). Too many world-class beers to recount.
  21. I went home for this weekend and brought back with me home brewed pale ale made with hops grown in our own garden. We made labels and everything. So chuffed!
    EmperorBevis likes this.
  22. I've yet to try either of the coffee beers from sainsburys but something puts me off them for some reason. Enjoyed a few bottles of the Williams Bro entry though, £1 each, magic.
  23. Fuller's Wild River. Not bad. But I bet it pisses off the Fuller's trad fans for being too hoppy & pisses off the crafterati for not being hoppy enough
  24. Batemans one was pretty crap
    Done on the cheap - plasticy eastern european style chocolate flavour
    Acohol was well disguised but ... meh !
  25. I've still not got round to trying that, the only time I end up in a pub with just Fullers is if I visit the brewery shop for some vintage action.

Is it a permanent addition to their range or a one-off/seasonal effort?
  26. On holiday on Canadian Thanksgiving Monday with a bomber of Alesmith Holiday Ale.
  27. K
    All those beer celebrities virtually at your fingertips. Did you get a boner ? :-O
  28. Fenris244

Fenris244 Aficionado (240) Texas Aug 24, 2010

Nothing! because I was broke, oh well
  29. i dranks a wooden hell. whalezz brooo
  30. More Cain's Dragon Heart
    Get it for Bonfire night coz it tastes like treacle toffee.
  31. as near to perfection as I used to think Stone's was.
    It's my "go to" lately.

How is the Double Jack?
  32. In Nottingham so slipped into a 'Spoons for a pint of Foundry Mild from the Nottingham brewery. Great stuff at 4.7% ABV and £2.09 a pint. Getting to the stage that when I see a mild these days I go straight for it.
  33. Well, they were all excited to see *me*...
  34. Ha ha! Quality. That was the response I was looking for. :-D
  35. Today. Half of Landlord at lunch. Best I''ve had in years.
    At Hawkshead Brewery, a Bitter, and a sintilating NZ PA.
    Tonight with pork tenderloin, Punk .
  36. I did end up in a booth with the curtains closed, kneeling in front of Stuart Ross. But that's another story...
  37. You said a mouthful...
  38. In pub Cask angel witch from elland brewery nice balanced hop and malt taste. Good solid beer selection here though nothing unusual.
  39. SeaOfShells

SeaOfShells Savant (350) California Feb 22, 2011

I'm going to a wedding on Saturday, so I'll probably be knee deep in Stella and Red Stripe. What are the rules on bringing your own beer to a wedding? Tacky?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.