1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What are we drinking this weekend?

Discussion in 'UK & Ireland' started by CwrwAmByth, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im stull drnikgn Punk IPA.

Stale cuont spall drimling.

jazzyjeff13 likes this.
  2. Einstok pale, I wish I picked up sum o their porter though.

3. Bishop's Tipple. Old. Fruity.

4. Odell's IPA. Classy!

Bitterbill likes this.
  5. The Veltins did manage one good thing, to make my Copper Dragon Golden Pippin seem tasty and make it easier for me to go to a lower gravity beer rather than drink in strength order.

6. Goddamnit that Bevis is trying to out drink and out post me again BAXTERED!

7. Centurion's Ghost. York's finest....

8. Bottled versions of the new Brains Craft Brewery offerings, Barry Island IPA and Colonel Williams EIPA, both really nice. Not really convinced that Barry Island is an American style IPA but it's still decent, think I prefer the Colonel Williams though.

9. Just a couple of pints of Landlord this lunchtime, always a treat.

Bitterbill likes this.
  10. Seeing as today's torrential continuous downpour can only be considered a joke, I was considering having a Southwold Summer IPA just to keep the hilarity going. Or is that just being cynical?

11. I have sat outside drinking under blue skies. I have sat inside drinking as the heavens were rent asunder. I am now sat in my kitchen knocking off red wine as my ragu melds into a world of meaty goodness.

12. Nursing a hangover and a shot of Oban.

13. drinking punk. Hoping this doesn't increase my chances of smelling pistakes.

Hoppsbabo and EmperorBevis like this.
  14. Punk was so last week. Do please keep up :)

EmperorBevis likes this.
  15. fine, fine. I've moved on to an 'Xtreme Baltic Coffee Choco Mocca Porter'. Getting a lot of burnt espresso but not much more. Will let it warm up a bit.

In other news, I just found a bottle of Tipo Pils in the freezer that I must've put there last night in a drunken haze. Heartbroken doesn't cover it.

16. Shame.
    Haven't had a hunken draze in quite sometime. Not even in Sheffield.
    Why not try a Tipo Pils ice lolly then?

17. it actually didn't shatter, just leaked very slightly. It's sitting in the sink at the moment and I'll report back on how it fares. My hopes are not high.

18. holy shit- it actually survived- carbonation and all. Cashback!

jazzyjeff13 likes this.
  19. Lucky!

I'm drinking locally-produced cider at the moment (sacrilege). Will crack a beer momentarily....

paxton1978 likes this.
  20. Nothing wrong with cider. Nothing at all. In the days when Devon was a barren county for beer, under-counter cider was my reward for the end of 16-hour shifts buying & prepping & serving flat fish to the kind of customers that Basil Fawlty would call out as a cunt.

Hoppsbabo likes this.
  21. Dennoman

Dennoman Advocate (505) Belgium Aug 20, 2011

I'm not drinking a damn thing today, and that's probably got something to do with the amount I had yesterday. A tasting that some people would doubtlessly kill for. But now: a nap.

22. Yes. You'll be up for nip or two after a good kip. ;)

23. mjtierney2

mjtierney2 Savant (465) Germany Jul 31, 2011

At the risk of running afoul of the OP, I came across a case of Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier on sale this week for €14,00 (that's 20x500ml bottles, thank you very much). I'll be drinking that all week. No apparent effect on my spelling as yet.

24. On the waggon for the forseeable, until the doc sorts me meds out. Bloody ale/pills interactions!

25. Yesterday I woke up with a hangover and partially blind. I'd been drinking Korean lager and soju the day before and it was as though I had a green smiley face etched into my vision, like when you stare at something bright for too long. It went after a couple of hours. Anyone had that before? I had been on a pretty crazy bender.

This weekend I'll be drinking a Japanese wheat beer by the name of Coedo Shiro. It's BA rating is 3.2. Lovely looking label but I think they tried to emulate the Chimay look.

26. Heh - some of your remeniscences sound like a blast! The things we do for money.....
    The cider was pretty good, and rather strong. The produce of Ampleforth abbey - apparently they have extensive orchards and used to sell the apples, but then the market dried up. So they decided to turn their hands to cider-making, the result being a powerful, live cider with character.

Currently on Jenning's Cumberland Ale - it's OK.

27. That reminds me - Ampleforth abbey have also just started producing an abbey beer (contract-brewed by Little Valley brewery). I must get around to trying it....

28. well, it's BH Sunday, so am seeing off a Goose Island IPA, a Tesco (Brewdog) American Double IPA and now a Tripel Karmeliet.

29. Bavaria 0.0%. It's fucking delicious!

30. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,145) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

I drank my Surly SYX yesterday; another anniversary brew I gave a thumbs down to. :(

Dennoman likes this.
  31. Dennoman

Dennoman Advocate (505) Belgium Aug 20, 2011

I heard this was thoroughly unpleasant. Bitter, astringent and boozy was it?

32. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,145) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

Yes it was and the first half of the bottle, I got some tartness as well. That "disappeared" the second half but the damage was done.

33. OK, I confess. I was lying about the Bavaria - it was absolutely fucking vile. It took a Bishop's Tipple to wash out my palate. Now I'm on a Haandbryggeriet Fyr & Flamme - this is more like it! Hops! Yeast! Bitterness! Alrighty-then!

Ruds likes this.
  34. Burton's Bramble Stout to finish the evening session....

35. Banks and Taylor's Shefford Mild this lunchtime , gorgeous stuff at the Rose and crown in Hose. Next up is Holt's Mild but I'll probably miss it as I'm going away again on Saturday.

36. I'm sorry marquis but that just won't do. Holt Mild is too good to miss.

37. Lemsip.

Was temped to put it into a Hoegaarden. Decided against it.

38. Think I'll store up that suggestion for my own fluey day. Thanks for the tip.

39. Goose Island IPA and Karmeliet to celebrate watching 3 Wheelchair Basketball matches today without once reaching for the £4.30 tiny bottles of Heineken they were touting all over the 'Village'. Back again on Saturday for the Athletics, then Friday week for swimming and then finally Saturday week for the Basketball finals. (At some point I WILL succumb to the tiny Heinekens)

40. Succumb to the tiny Heinekens? With a bit of Scoops special formula you shouldn't have to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.