1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What beer are you drinking now? #102

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by gtermi, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtermi

gtermi Champion (750) Texas Apr 21, 2010

Glad to finally be off work, 11 hour days suck! Hope everybody has an amazing Wednesday!

[​IMG]

fox227, C2H5, skinsfan and 24 others like this.
  2. Napa Smith's Hopageddon. Its decent, but nothing earth shattering.

JoeyBeerBelly and gtermi like this.
  3. DerrickW

DerrickW Advocate (535) Georgia Jan 17, 2013

[​IMG]

Cheers to Humpday!

4. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

What's the record for the most days in a row of the same person starting this thread?

5. gtermi

gtermi Champion (750) Texas Apr 21, 2010

6. [​IMG]
    really enjoying these North Carolina locals!

7. gshak

gshak Advocate (500) Texas Feb 20, 2011

2009 Old Ruffian out of the cellar. One of the best beers to lay down and forget for a long, long time! Still have a 2010 that I think will see another 5 years in the cellar before it sees the light of day (aka my belly).
    [​IMG]

8. [​IMG]
    Picked up two six packs on the way to work and had to think of them all night. Bottled 1/10/13 which means almost 3 weeks old. I hope I can still taste some hops.:p

9. we should start a night shift thread

beerserks, ColdOne, gtermi and 4 others like this.
  10. Devi0us

Devi0us Advocate (555) California May 3, 2011

Smooth day at work last night...Can you say 7 days off? I can...

[​IMG]

Cheers!

11. Goosey

Goosey Aficionado (240) Missouri Jan 18, 2012

It's 830 and I am sitting in biology, so obviously I am not drinking this now, but seems like a good time to post my pics from Perennial last Friday night.
    [​IMG]
    BA Abraxas I was informed that I got the second to last one of these. Too bad I missed the bottles because this was heavenly.
    [​IMG]
    Vermillion- their barley wine with which I was very impressed.
    [​IMG]
    Finally, Aria, their new flagship and a nice little Belgian. Overall; Yayy Perennial!

jgagne, bstyle, SWChi and 3 others like this.
  12. Crusader

Crusader Savant (345) Sweden Feb 4, 2011

[​IMG]

Bought from a Swedish government monopoly store ;) . It's like a carbonated hop tea sitting at 0,5% abv. It takes a few sips to get used to the light body but the hops certainly deliver and offer a pleasant citrusy punch that could match that of an IPA (though with a moderate bitterness at 45IBU).

13. Only tried their Event Horizon, but I thought it was delicious.

ldhughes3 likes this.
  14. Crusader

[​IMG]
    I had to get a slice of bread and some water to cleanse my palate from the Nanny State since I couldn't pick up any hops in this one. After a while the tongue was re-calibrated and I could appreciate the subtle but pleasant hops of this beer. This was one of the first American craft beers I had a couple years back once I started to ventue off on a more regular basis into the world of craft beers and I've had it I guess about a handful of times since. A truly well-made beer, although it is perhaps a victim of people becoming accustomed to IPAs as the basic beer-style to judge all others against.

15. tectactoe

tectactoe Champion (760) Michigan Mar 20, 2012

At work drinking a coffee now, but I'm scheduled to have two shipments arrive at my house tonight. They will include Heady Topper, Double Jack, and Flower Power.... I'm not gonna know what to drink first!! :confused:

skinsfan, fmccormi, sleuthdog and 8 others like this.
  16. ckobes

ckobes Initiate (0) Illinois Jul 11, 2012

It's an easy way to get likes. Stockpile a bunch of beer pictures and upload them when you get to work the next day. ;) "just off work"

keithmurray and dsal89 like this.
  17. tectactoe

If someone's actually concerned about the number of BA "likes" they have..... Well, that's just sad. This isn't reddit lol.

18. LeRose

LeRose Advocate (605) Massachusetts Nov 24, 2011

You know, I am kinda glad this thread starts early - I just keep it open on my secondary monitor and see all this great stuff (ok...a little jealous about the beer, but I at least can listen to good music in my laboratory)

The menu is breakfast for dinner tonight - a lurking Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout (I actually think it tried to hide), scrambled eggs with whatever we can find, and watching the Celtics adjust to life with no point guard...any one could turn out poorly...

FUNKPhD, gshak, dsal89 and 1 other person like this.
  19. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (565) California Dec 12, 2009

Do them all side-by-side, Heady will probably take the cake, there are only a few Double IPA's in Heady's league!!

dsal89 and tectactoe like this.
  20. Daisy Cutter pale.

Hanzo, SWChi, FUNKPhD and 2 others like this.
  21. ckobes

ckobes Initiate (0) Illinois Jul 11, 2012

But the karma?!?

22. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

We should really start being concerned though... I mean, it seems like the more 'likes' a person has the more awesome they are, amirite?

23. tectactoe

Yeeeeeeah, maybe in most cases. But outliers surly exist! ;)

24. tectactoe

Haha, this is an excellent idea, although I have to work early the next morning so I wasn't planning on drinking too much.... Guess that just means I'll have to start drinking as soon as I get home today, right? :p

ChanChan likes this.
  25. DaKur

DaKur Savant (400) Rhode Island Nov 15, 2012

[​IMG]

Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye
    Tough day at work so this is my lunch. Shhhhhh....don't tell the boss.

26. yamar68

27. tectactoe

Seriously, tell them to start dishing to Michigan. I'm tired of not being able to try their beers.

dsal89 likes this.
  28. Crusader

29. yamar68

I'll convince them to distrib in MI if you can convince Kuhnhenn to distrib in MN.

dsal89 and tectactoe like this.
  30. tectactoe

I'll see what I can do.

First I have to convince them to start bottling more shit.

FUNKPhD, dsal89 and yamar68 like this.
  31. Old picture.
    Same great combo! I can't decide if I want to keep mixing these together or just drink them separately.

[​IMG]

32. No beer again today. I was asleep all day yesterday and out of bed today but still under the weather. Tea has no hops.

I did score a pair of Phillies opening day tickets today with the pre sale. 65 days to go. I love baseball.

Enjoy

33. ESeab

ESeab Advocate (505) New Jersey Jan 3, 2013

I have the same problem, although I don't enjoy the Moo-Hoo alone as much. 8-pack of WnB and 4-pack Moo-Hoo is how I buy these. Cheers, nice glass!

FUNKPhD likes this.
  35. I want to know your overall thoughts of Perennials Cellar Series? I have the Abraxas sitting at my beer store and have been putting off buying it due to its high price tag. I hear its a beer that keeps on giving. Thoughts?

36. MichPaul

MichPaul Advocate (710) Michigan Jan 28, 2012

Now settled in as a second shift employee, days off are wonderful when you can sit back and have a spectacular brew over lunch. Also excited to see my #1 Wolverines take on Northwestern at home tonight! First one of these tasties I am cracking and I gotta say, this is right in contention with both KBS and BBPt5Th for me. Spectacular! Go Blue!
    [​IMG]

37. Great beer and great music makes a great day. 73 degrees outside with a massive band of storms coming this way. Too bad I gotta go to work in an hour!

[​IMG]

38. MichPaul

MichPaul Advocate (710) Michigan Jan 28, 2012

Winter storms are so awesome! We just had some huge thunderstorms the other night while having about a foot and a half of snow on the ground. Enjoy the beer!
    Cheers!

39. I keep having the same problem!

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  40. dude our weather/climate has been so freaky lately. Today is Wednesday, its almost 75 outside. On Friday we had a mini ice storm, and the roads were covered in sleet and ice. Last week it was the same thing, had about a half inch of snow while it was 40 degrees outside, and it stuck to the roads too. This was right after it being 70 again. I cant explain it, but thank God its definitely definitely NOT global warming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.