1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What beer are you drinking now? #107

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Lare453, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. He is a she and a badass to boot!:D
  2. Man I'm about to reach through the screen and grab that glass from you...as far as I'm concerned that beer is heaven in a bottle.
    alelover and Maction like this.
  3. superspak

superspak Champion (910) Michigan May 5, 2010

Oh man, if I had unlimited access, it would always be in the fridge. I need to trade for more no doubt
    [​IMG]
    tectactoe, Hanzo, mecmd and 4 others like this.
  4. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (760) New York Oct 24, 2010

Had that Sucks, 'twas pretty great. Now enjoying a couple of oatmeal raisin cookies while I continue reading . . .
    And musically, I've moved onto a classic album from 1975, Gil e Jorge by Gilberto Gil and Jorge Ben. Observe:

5. KevinMc79

KevinMc79 Aficionado (240) Illinois Oct 29, 2008

[​IMG]
    It's bittersweet drinking my last of these. Come to Chicago Odell!
  6. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

7. this Schlitz VSL doesn't taste very good :(
  8. funhog

funhog Savant (425) Illinois Mar 8, 2011

Great tasting beer!
    [​IMG]
  9. Maction

Maction Savant (435) Illinois Oct 14, 2008

I don't think the Photobucket App supports virtual beer sharing... yet.
  10. --Dom--

--Dom-- Savant (355) Missouri Dec 22, 2012

[​IMG]

Probably the best thing I've had from Victory
    KevinGordon and dsal89 like this.
  11. buddha5050

buddha5050 Savant (315) Michigan Sep 27, 2012

2010 KBS, 2010 Backwoods Bastard
  12. You're now our son's best friend; at age 12 he lives for roller coasters (all of us do actually, but he's the most obsessive). We've already taken a few family vacations there and we're in the process of planning another one for this summer so we can experience the new coaster also. (I have to say, I'm pretty stoked about this coaster as well, it looks totally sick !!) Although, Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, and Maverick will always be amongst my favorite coasters!!
    alelover likes this.
  13. TomTwanks

TomTwanks Initiate (0) Ohio Apr 5, 2011

Home brew - 100% galaxy hopped ipa/apa? (Zombie dust clone -citra + 10 oz galaxy)
    [​IMG]
    Banging that h town!
    ObiWanKushnobi, jzeilinger and dsal89 like this.
  14. Shagator

Shagator Savant (410) Kentucky Mar 17, 2012

[​IMG]

Had to pour it out after a few drinks. :(
  15. alelover

alelover Advocate (595) Michigan Aug 19, 2012

haha im the same way, i LOVE coasters. i go down at least 2 times a year. nothing beats a day or two at cedar point. truly americas roller coast.

ill be down many times this summer so maybe we can meet up and have a beer (or ??) and ride some coasters!! :)
    jzeilinger likes this.
  16. mecmd

mecmd Advocate (610) Georgia Jan 7, 2012

17. alelover

[​IMG]
    found this guy hiding in the back of the fridge so figured why not.. cheers!!
    Hanzo, yamar68 and dsal89 like this.
  18. alelover

nom nom nom! cheers!
    ObiWanKushnobi and mecmd like this.
  19. Sam_Frank

Sam_Frank Initiate (0) California Nov 29, 2012

20. Sippin on this one that I picked up today. Kind of unusual barleywine for me. Great label. Quite sour, tannic, etc. Maybe its the oak barrels. Not sure...maybe it would benefit from some time in the bottle. Its a sipper for sure. Cheers, and good night.
    [​IMG]
  21. ledzeppelin4

ledzeppelin4 Savant (365) Illinois May 18, 2011

Deschutes Chainbreaker. Once again, so glad that Deschutes is distributing to IL now. Very witbier-like-brew with the added hoppiness contributing to the citrusy/lemony flavor you get white ales. If you were expecting an ipa with this brew, you'll be disappointed. But if you're in the mood for something light and belgian-esque, this would be a good one to pick up.
  22. Hugonaut13

Hugonaut13 Advocate (710) Illinois Nov 29, 2012

Lost Abbey Deliverance

[​IMG]
  23. Just beer mailed you about this. Very cool to know there's fellow beer geeks out there who are also 'coaster hounds!! :)
    alelover likes this.
  24. goalie33

goalie33 Savant (330) New York Dec 3, 2009

25. champ103

champ103 Champion (870) Texas Sep 3, 2007

Finished a Karback Pontificator while watching 31 Days of Oscar on TCM. Tonight, Cool Hand Luke and Bullet. Cabaret and Papillon are on tomorrow. I wish I could just watch TCM all day every day:D
  26. No work tomorrow, so I'm working on my second favorite IS of all time (2010 vintage)! My #1 being "Hunapuh's."

[​IMG]
    mecmd and Deltoro like this.
  27. alelover

ok you guys have talked me into doing my second of the year later this week. i already have the fancy glass picked out, its going to be great.:D
    Hanzo, ObiWanKushnobi and yamar68 like this.
  28. alelover

[​IMG]
    my last fleur. :( i have faith she'll be back though. :D
    cheers!
    ObiWanKushnobi and yamar68 like this.
  29. ledzeppelin4

ledzeppelin4 Savant (365) Illinois May 18, 2011

Finishing off the night with a Lagunitas Imperial Stout. Such an easy drinking imp stout. Nice chocolate-y-ness on the back end. Loving the bitterness throughout this brew. (I like my imperial stout hoppy). The only problem, imho, is that the front end is a bit bland. (But that yummy aftertaste and the fact that you paid less then 5 bucks for this bomber, make up for that.)
  30. Resuin

Resuin Champion (770) Massachusetts Jun 18, 2012

De Dolle Stille Nacht. Surprisingly delicious.

[​IMG]
    islandboi8204 and ObiWanKushnobi like this.
  31. supermodified

supermodified Aficionado (220) Ohio Nov 28, 2012

Started out with this, a Sierra Nevada Kellerweis Hefeweizen.
    [​IMG]
    It was my first Kellerweis and I didn't read the label before I poured it, so instead of swirling it around and pouring out all the sediment into the glass I rinsed out the bottle by mistake. It ended up tasting a little weak.

Moving on to a Brew Kettle White Rajah now.
    [​IMG]
  32. Gannon81

Gannon81 Aficionado (185) Oregon Jan 5, 2012

No doubt brotha - that was my next pour. It's awesome to finally have Deschutes here in Chi.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.