1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

What beer are you drinking now? #113

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by ldhughes3, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    A great way to end a busy night!

2. DerrickW

DerrickW Advocate (535) Georgia Jan 17, 2013

[​IMG]

Really enjoyed this one. Any other suggestions for a brown ale?

3. I've got a founders Frangelic Mountain Brown I may have tomorrow morning, depending on how my night goes.

dsal89 and Giovannilucano like this.
  4. match1112

match1112 Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 2, 2011

Aint no party like my Nana's tea party, hey, ho!
    [​IMG]

happy sunday funday yo!

5. too early to get it started. long day ahead, throwing this in the fridge now hoping to get to it this afternoon/evening:

[​IMG]

IndyDad, Prh27, djsmith1174 and 7 others like this.
  6. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,145) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

I'm finishing my Growler of Lander Stage Driver Stout. A good beer for breakfast.

7. Bitterbill

Deschutes Red Chair NWPA. I hope all of the 75 people who have it in their Wants...gets it!

8. Did Steve tell ye that perchance? ...Steve

Giovannilucano and match1112 like this.
  9. Zimm

Zimm Savant (490) New Jersey May 18, 2012

[​IMG]

Beer for breakfast, yum!

10. Zimm

Zimm Savant (490) New Jersey May 18, 2012

11. DerrickW

DerrickW Advocate (535) Georgia Jan 17, 2013

That sandwich looks just as good, if not better, than the brew!

12. AmitC

AmitC Advocate (590) New York Sep 21, 2012

Founders Porter to start with.. first time

[​IMG]

13. Bitterbill

Boulder Brewing A Honey of a Saison. I can't finish it. I haven't said that for a while as I'm a pretty stout beer drinker.:(

14. Bitterbill

I had to clean my palate after the last beer I tried and Lagunitas Sucks did the trick. What a great cheap beer!

15. ism

ism Savant (315) New Jersey Apr 27, 2003

Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout for breakfast. Hadn't had it in two years and forgot just how good this is.

16. Lantern

Lantern Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2011

Before heading back to the DFH brewpub:

[​IMG]

17. CrisLin

CrisLin Zealot (85) New York Nov 27, 2012

18. Giovannilucano

Giovannilucano Savant (445) Wyoming Feb 24, 2011

Ok, I am hoping that once I can buckle down and save some beer sending fund, a Verdi Imperial Stout or two, will have to makes its way. I really would like to hear your thoughts on it! I know I do taunt the Italian beers a lot, but for me this one transcends that notion.

Top fermented beer which is subjected to a secondary fermentation in bottle. It is deep dark ebony in color with a cappuccino head. The nose has aromas of chocolate, licorice, coffee grounds and tobacco with alcohol nuances. Its full bodied, long lasting, smooth and dry mouth is followed by a surprisingly hot finish that breaks its initial fullness and makes you crave more! It is suitable for aging.

Dedicating one of our beers to Giuseppe Verdi was a must since our microbrewery is located in Roncole Verdi, the composer’s birth place. When I returned from my first visit to New York City I decided to create a beer that would be superior in elegance, balance and drinkability to all those stout varieties I had overseas. Although the initial recipe has changed, the very first batch matched my vision. Its uniqueness lays in the use of chili pepper which combines very well with the beer’s chocolate aroma. The hot finish also lightens its full bodied mouth by awakening the palate.
    Verdi Imperial Stout is the first Italian craft beer to have ever been crowned with a gold medal in its category at an International beer contest. In 2008 it ranked first at The European Beer Star in the Imperial Stout category./span>

Chocolate desserts, fine pastries and soft cheese like Gorgonzola. It is a beer to meditate on.

ABV. 8,2% 20,0°P

Storing temperature: Between 4 and 18°C (it keeps best refrigerated)
    Serving temperature: Between 10 and 18°C (depending on the room temperature)

Bitterbill likes this.
  19. Giovannilucano

I am giving likes to ALL you rad warriors of the Hops, Malts, And Barley! :D Beer til death!

creepinjeeper, Zimm and callmeishmALE like this.
  20. ucfalum08

ucfalum08 Aficionado (180) Florida Jan 20, 2013

Cigar City Maduro and Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar are good.

21. bleakies

bleakies Savant (415) Massachusetts Apr 11, 2011

Are you ready for some football?

A bit more than a half-hour in, Everton is trailing Man Utd 0-1, dammit, but this match is far from over and the same applies to my Cambridge Sgt. Pepper saison. The latter is quite peppery (surprise!); hopefully the warmth will carry over into this afternoon's snow-shoveling duties.

Enjoy your day, folks.

[​IMG]

22. Giovannilucano

[​IMG]

YES I AM READY! :D

homebrew88 likes this.
  23. Bitterbill

Yeah, put me on the spot why don't you.;) The mention of licorice and chocolate suggests..because I'm maybe the biggest fan of The Abyss..that I'd try it and like it. The chili pepper addition takes me back to Cigar City's Hunahpu's. Yeah, it sounds delicious.:)

Giovannilucano likes this.
  24. Giovannilucano

And I would love to try those too! I am also a stout lover! I am always open to new things. But I always try beer regardless of the love, hype, or fill in the blank, that it may have.

Actually I will tell you how I began my craft journey. It was two and half years ago, when an old friend invited me for a beer at PJ'S Pourhouse in Westmont, NJ. (The next town close to me) I believe at this point I have never actually have a beer, and the very first one I tried was, yes you named it, Verdi Imperial Stout! That very moment I knew I could not continue enjoying wine has I had. I had found it! My place! My buddy said I might have something with this Italian craft love as maybe I can a review channel started solely based for Italian craft!

CanConPhilly likes this.
  25. Ri0

Ri0 Champion (955) Wisconsin Jul 1, 2012

Something different and funky today. Jolly Pumpkin Firefly. I'm surprised it wasn't corked and caged with the amount of carbonation.

[​IMG]

Maction, alelover, Zaphog and 12 others like this.
  26. Sierra Nevada Celebration 2012, isn't as good as 2011's offering

JoeyBeerBelly likes this.
  27. Hopsiam14

Hopsiam14 Savant (445) Minnesota Jan 23, 2013

Dang, I've been trying to get even 1 of those. Nice work!

19etz55 likes this.
  28. You better bring one of your hoard of Verdi bottles to a tasting this spring. Just sayin...you need to share that love :p

29. Giovannilucano

I can just give ya one! I been actually passing them out! I love sharing it! I am actually trading a couple for a 2012 BCBS so I can give that another try!

CanConPhilly likes this.
  30. Lantern

Lantern Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2011

Not as hoppy. Not as spicy...;)

Giovannilucano likes this.
  31. Giovannilucano

I simply mixed a Celebration with a Ruthless, and presto, you have a Ruthless Celebration! :D Yum!

32. AmitC

AmitC Advocate (590) New York Sep 21, 2012

33. Jerome1929

Jerome1929 Savant (275) Michigan Sep 11, 2008

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had a pint of Rubaeus at Founders last night. Tastes just as good as it was in 07/08. Now going to crack into some of my Oddside Ales "Howlers" (32 oz). I picked up their Double IPA, Sour Citra Pale Ale, and Smokin Hama Mama (Citra Pale Ale made with passionfruit and chipotle). Cheers all.

DelMontiac and Ri0 like this.
  34. LeRose

LeRose Advocate (605) Massachusetts Nov 24, 2011

Well, the driveway is cleared, cars cleared, plus cleared an area for the puppies to go play. Stone 12.12.12 or Smoked Porter are in the snow bank. On the other hand, it was much work dealing with snow...maybe I deserve both!

fujindemon74 likes this.
  35. Judgie

Judgie Savant (365) Indiana Nov 21, 2012

[​IMG]
    An Indiana beer for an Indiana (Hoosier) kind of day!:(

36. InebriatedJoker

InebriatedJoker Champion (810) Ohio Sep 16, 2010

[​IMG]

It's not bad , But I think I prefer FBS .

Cheers !

sleuthdog, SWChi, DelMontiac and 8 others like this.
  37. InebriatedJoker

InebriatedJoker Champion (810) Ohio Sep 16, 2010

Can you tell me the meaning of the symbol on that glass ?

38. khumbard

khumbard Savant (320) Indiana Jun 4, 2005

[​IMG]

Just cracked this bad boy to watch the Hoosiers! Go IU!

39. StubFaceJoe

StubFaceJoe Initiate (0) Colorado Nov 24, 2011

Dave Matthews right?

Boilerfood, Judgie and Lantern like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.