What beer are you drinking now? #118

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Lare453, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Reverting back to the original.

MattyG85 likes this.
  2. rpbuckeye

rpbuckeye Advocate (690) Ohio Mar 29, 2011

Happy Friday bitch... damn it. Happy Saturday bitches!!! Half way thru my sixer and still saying good but not great. Very low activity in this one while motionless and seems flat, but I seem to be in the minority on this one. Cheers LNBA!!!
    [​IMG]

RonfromJersey, mecmd and WYVYRN527 like this.
  3. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Savant (270) California Jul 12, 2012

Get at me bros

[​IMG]

4. haruspexvic

haruspexvic Savant (265) Illinois Aug 23, 2012

[​IMG]

late night snack

5. WesM63

WesM63 Advocate (675) Ohio Nov 6, 2011

Sucks now.. although it's pretty weak in comparison to Alchemy.

[​IMG]

mjohnson17, match1112, mecmd and 2 others like this.
  6. azdback

azdback Advocate (635) Arizona Apr 2, 2004

This

[​IMG]

Then this

[​IMG]

7. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,050) Washington Sep 18, 2010

8. boudreaux

boudreaux Savant (320) Alabama Feb 13, 2009

Gotta be one of my overall favorite go-tos... Never disappointed when I throw this old friend into the make-your-own sixer

9. boudreaux

Finally getting to settle down and relax after a hectic day/night. Cracked open my first-ever Brooklyn Local 1, watching what I hope is another top-notch and quirky Wes Anderson film - Moonrise Kingdom. Cheers!

10. jds8411

jds8411 Savant (465) California Oct 12, 2008

Last one for the night is a New Albion Ale

11. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Advocate (500) Texas Feb 21, 2011

I heard about that movie on NPRs Fresh Air today. I'm really interested in it now.

12. One of these
    [​IMG]

Maybe a little Sumpin Sumpin next

Zhiguli and mecmd like this.
  13. bstyle

bstyle Champion (805) Indiana Apr 27, 2006

Nightcap with the king...
    [​IMG]

SWChi, mjohnson17 and match1112 like this.
  14. superspak

superspak Poobah (1,020) Michigan May 5, 2010

It was announced originally a while back, get with the times :p. Here's a really new article relating to it:

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2013...luster_id=253912&index=1&group_hood_id=129628

Taproom slated for April and production brewing is slated for fall according to tweets. It'll be at the corner of S Rockwell St and W 15th St west of Downtown.

15. boudreaux

So far so good. Got the always present Bill Murray appearance, so the Anderson character formula's pretty consistent ha. Definitely pleasantly surprised with Ed Norton Jr.'s surprisingly humorous role. If you like Anderson or, I'd say, Woody Allen films, I'd suggest checking it out.

16. Now I'm drinkin a foreign extra, and eatin' me some chocolate covered strawberries my wife made me yesterday :D
    [​IMG]

boudreaux likes this.
  17. supermodified

supermodified Aficionado (230) Ohio Nov 28, 2012

Started the evening off with a Revolution Brewing Anti-Hero IPA. It was good...
    [​IMG]
    but the Brew Kettle White Rajah was better.
    [​IMG]
    Finished off the evening with a Rogue Dead Guy Ale, which turned out to be pretty average. (I liked John John Ale though, which is Dead Guy Ale aged in Dead Guy whiskey barrels.) I got to use my pilsner glass, so it all balances out in the end.
    [​IMG]

18. stayclean

stayclean Savant (360) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

[​IMG]

Been looking forward to trying this one for a while, as none made it to WI last year. Thanks to a generous BA I was able to get a 4pk of BBPt5th, drank one and loved it, and it's interesting to go from that, to the base. Pretty god damn good. Michigan sure seems to pump out some amazing stouts, barrel aged or not.

19. MoparGrease

MoparGrease Initiate (0) California Jul 26, 2012

Yakitori and Asahi dry
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Magic Hat recently made its debut in OR, so I decided to pick a bottle of #9; consuming it now. #9 is exceeding my expectations- unique, fairly tasty, and refreshing. Definitely a good value as well.

Listening to these guys tonight...

21. MoparGrease

MoparGrease Initiate (0) California Jul 26, 2012

22. DHS1029

DHS1029 Savant (330) Illinois Feb 14, 2013

Ah, that is good news indeed. As much a I gripe about Lagunitas, I really want to like them more. This will be the perfect opportunity :)

23. DHS1029

DHS1029 Savant (330) Illinois Feb 14, 2013

Loving that Blackhawks patch in the background. 11-0-3 baby!!

haruspexvic likes this.
  24. boudreaux

Magic Hat offers a 12-pack sampler, but idk if it's available in Oregon. But if #9 piques your interest in the brewery's offerings and you come across it, I strongly suggest checking it out. I've picked it up on a few occasions, and one or two times it's come with one of the brewery's seasonal or specialty brews. Overall, their beers aren't anything to rave about, but they do produce consistently solid and reliable beers true to the given beer style, and I've never come across one of their beers that I wouldn't willingly drink again.

muchloveforhops3 likes this.
  25. Pepe Nero then Palate Wrecker.

26. A little to techno for me (the band) and a little to blazah (on the brew), but then I am a F'king Red Neck. Cheers !​

27. drrone

drrone Savant (490) Utah Dec 18, 2011

At 16.8% ABV I didn't need too many more, but still finished up with a Founders Breakfast Stout and a Double Wide IPA from Boulevard.

28. mjohnson17

mjohnson17 Advocate (585) Illinois Apr 29, 2012

Finished this late last night.

GI - BCBCR
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.